nava dont save .. equal what iam doin

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • noone here who can help? really sad ):
  • dunno what you mean by "spring back".

the enter button led will flash when you're editing a pattern and havent saved it yet. hit the enter button to save it. that's it. if you're having a problem then i expect you have a fault in your sequencer section, probably somewhere around the eprom or cpu. this seems to be an issue unique to your Nava so far.
    ..." lots of bugs, bad documentation and issues here and there "
    FALSE. There are a couple people on here who seem to take their frustrations out on the hard-working folks at e-licktronic rather than be humble about their own skills or experience with kits. You may have to do troubleshooting to get your kit to work, there may be bugs, this is par for the course.

The documentation is EXCELLENT. Support is excellent. Lots of bugs? Well, some, but it's a pretty solid, very usable machine on the latest firmware, and most kits have a much longer wait for bug fixes and OS updates.

It compares very well to other kits out there IMO. Ever built a xoxbox with the stock firmware? Or tried to source your own xoxbox? Ever built a 9090?

I know there's lots of kits I haven't tried, and there are some strong contenders out there, but in my experience e-licktronic makes the closest thing to a polished commercial version of a kit I have experienced. I love them all though. If you're "really sad" from this experience, you came into it with the wrong expectations and attitude for working on kits.
  • I built an ML-303 a couple of years ago. it was version 4. Since the project but only a few people were built and that was also a long time ago, there was absolutely no support. It was my hardest DIY. There was really no communication where I could get information. The Forum was dead and a haven't got a log in for it. But it works ;)
  • lesheac wrote:hey all.

if iam in pattern step edit mode, clearing it works and sets it to 16/16 step lenght. if i hit enter the display shows SAVED. if i now change the pattern and spring back there is nothing. can anybody explain how i can create different patterns and save them, starting with a turned off machine.

ive build the 1.01 board with all hardware bugs fixed and with the right eeprom 24LC1025....

iam really frustrated about the whole project ... lots of bugs, bad documentation and issues here and there :(

please help me... hugs

and yes the eeprom is initialized how described
    I"m experiencing the same problem...

I'm in pattern step edit, clear it, press enter (says [SAVED!]), I go to another pattern then go back. Says 256 again with all LEDs lit..

Also when i'm in pattern step edit, I clear the pattern, then press play. The NAVA will play for 1 bar then go to the next pattern (which is default 256) and basically stops playing. Seriously have been trying for about an hour to get a simple pattern going.. I've got it to loop a 1 bar pattern once, and I don't recall doing anything different. Also experiencing many bugs with the instruments that I need to figure out on top of that...

• I"m experiencing the same problem...

I'm in pattern step edit, clear it, press enter (says [SAVED!]), I go to another pattern then go back. Says 256 again with all LEDs lit..

Also when i'm in pattern step edit, I clear the pattern, then press play. The NAVA will play for 1 bar then go to the next pattern (which is default 256) and basically stops playing. Seriously have been trying for about an hour to get a simple pattern going.. I've got it to loop a 1 bar pattern once, and I don't recall doing anything different. Also experiencing many bugs with the instruments that I need to figure out on top of that...
    I'm experiencing exactly this on a 1.2 board. did you find the fault?
  • serum114 wrote:

I'm experiencing exactly this on a 1.2 board. did you find the fault?
    Reflowing the ic's got my sequencer working
  • backdoorranky wrote:
    lesheac wrote:hey all.

if iam in pattern step edit mode, clearing it works and sets it to 16/16 step lenght. if i hit enter the display shows SAVED. if i now change the pattern and spring back there is nothing. can anybody explain how i can create different patterns and save them, starting with a turned off machine.

ive build the 1.01 board with all hardware bugs fixed and with the right eeprom 24LC1025....

iam really frustrated about the whole project ... lots of bugs, bad documentation and issues here and there :(

please help me... hugs

and yes the eeprom is initialized how described

I'm having the same issue have you fixed yours?