Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • I was just about to post on the GitHub thread about this.

I'd also like to see the latest code pushed to GitHub so we can fix the bugs and submit pull requests.

I guess there is a chance of code forking and different versions appearing but if the master branch was controlled by e-liktronik then I don't see any issues.

Hopefully we can use the active community here to progress the firmware and help the designer deliver the best product possible.

Cheers
    Angus
  • Hi all.
    What's the latest firmware today?
    What's about Github?

Thanks,
    F.
  • tb303 wrote: - sending MIDI triggers into the Nava seems to be completely unreliable. What I experience is, if I send a low velocity trigger to one of the instruments, until I play the internal sequencer, that sound will never sound louder than the lowest velocity trigger it was sent.
    I experience the same issue and even worse because the drum voices fades out until they cannot be heard anymore except LT and HC. Starting the internal seq with a pattern makes the sound come again, but it then fades again. Thought it was a problem coming from the Nava I was repairing, but I tried on mine with the same setup (1.024 and accent boards), and I've got the same issue (sounds fades out except LT and HC). I reworked both accent boards pair, swapped them, but still the same issue, so I'm wondering if the two Nava are at fault or if it may come from the firmware, there's not a lot of feedback on the update+upgrade yet.
  • I got the bare PCB at home, now the question is, should i bother on replacing the accent circuitry or not.

Right now id rather not, it seems there is a lot of buggy behaviour still around, and i would just a guess, estimate just 10 people from the forums did built it on their own, rest is still happily living without it and without bugs, so we have in my opinion a more then 30% chance that the MUX boards dont work the way they should.

Correct me and advise me if i am wrong, should i begin building it or not.

Ah that makes me think, if i socketed the original MUX Ics, I think i will built it and simply try the replacement, if not id rather not start clipping those ICs.

Thanks for advice.
    cheers seb
  • mex wrote:I got the bare PCB at home, now the question is, should i bother on replacing the accent circuitry or not.

Right now id rather not, it seems there is a lot of buggy behaviour still around, and i would just a guess, estimate just 10 people from the forums did built it on their own, rest is still happily living without it and without bugs, so we have in my opinion a more then 30% chance that the MUX boards dont work the way they should.

Correct me and advise me if i am wrong, should i begin building it or not.

Ah that makes me think, if i socketed the original MUX Ics, I think i will built it and simply try the replacement, if not id rather not start clipping those ICs.

Thanks for advice.
    cheers seb
    build without mux, get your nava running then try the mux. To desolder isn't hard. The range of faults weve all been experiencing could lead you down a long and windy road fault finding and far as i have seen E-lictronic have the only working pair. What version board have you got?
  • Probably belongs in here, but i didn't want to flood the tread: Bugs and suggestions
  • BastienL wrote: I experience the same issue and even worse because the drum voices fades out until they cannot be heard anymore except LT and HC. Starting the internal seq with a pattern makes the sound come again, but it then fades again. Thought it was a problem coming from the Nava I was repairing, but I tried on mine with the same setup (1.024 and accent boards), and I've got the same issue (sounds fades out except LT and HC). I reworked both accent boards pair, swapped them, but still the same issue, so I'm wondering if the two Nava are at fault or if it may come from the firmware, there's not a lot of feedback on the update+upgrade yet.
    I had this experience (sounds fading out and not returning when sending MIDI triggers, only returning when internal sequencer plays) on v1.024. It was mostly fixed in v1.025.
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864

I haven't tried newer than v1.025, though I'm about to because today I realized when playing from internal sequencer on v1.025, there is a very noticeable delay when switching between pattern write & mute modes. Based on the changelog it looks like that might be fixed in later firmware versions.

EDIT: nope, tried v1.027, the lag is very noticeable when switching between pattern write and mute.
    Last edited by tb303 on Jul 3rd, '18, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
  • Everyone should treat 1.026 as version 1.0, as in, the first functional firmware.
  • druu wrote:Everyone should treat 1.026 as version 1.0, as in, the first functional firmware.
    v1.027 has a pretty glaring issue, the internal sequencer stutters when switching between pattern play/edit, and mute mode, while internal sequencer is playing.