Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • I have ran into a few times while using the nava as master in tap mode, I will change the pattern tempo, then do some stuff, then go to change total accent and when I turn the encoder, it is still changing the tempo. I have to exit back to step mode, select another sound, reselect total accent then it will work again.
  • Peter wrote:When controlled by MIDI, Nava doesn't respond correctly when swing is added to MIDI track in DAW. Seems like MIDI is quantizised.
    Hello everybody,

Has it been fixed ?
    Is there a way to correct it?
    It's very frustating... :cry:

Best
  • saudade wrote:
    Peter wrote:When controlled by MIDI, Nava doesn't respond correctly when swing is added to MIDI track in DAW. Seems like MIDI is quantizised.
    Hello everybody,

Has it been fixed ?

Best

yes I second this, very important usability issue... unable to swing the nava with my mpc3000
    im almost always using a heavy swing in my music but the nava can only be sequenced straight is a real bummer!
  • chuffingbuffy wrote:
    saudade wrote:
    Peter wrote:When controlled by MIDI, Nava doesn't respond correctly when swing is added to MIDI track in DAW. Seems like MIDI is quantizised.
    Hello everybody,

Has it been fixed ?

Best

yes I second this, very important usability issue... unable to swing the nava with my mpc3000
    im almost always using a heavy swing in my music but the nava can only be sequenced straight is a real bummer!
    Are you syncing Nava sequences with midi clock, or using Nava in expander mode? I see no reason why (nor understand how) expander mode would quantize incoming notes.
  • Didn't find this bug in the list:

This happens at least when changing from a single pattern to a chain of two patterns, with longer chains there are also errors but I didn't examine those:

BUG: First pattern repeats twice first time when sequencer is started.

Example:
    1. First select a random pattern not being 1 or 2.
    2. Start sequencer.
    3. Stop sequencer.
    4. Chain pattern 1 & 2.
    5. Start sequencer.
    6. Patterns are played like this: 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2- 1 - 2...etc.

This happens most of the times but every now and then not. But most of the times the error is produced.
    Not slaved to sync while testing this.

I get it both in pattern step edit and pattern play.

(If sequencer is already running I get no errors when changing from single patterns to various chains)

(After chaining (step 4), if I let the first bar play in full then stop and start again the chain will play correctly, if I don't play the full bar the error is still produced)
    Last edited by Oortone on Aug 26th, '20, 10:49, edited 9 times in total.
  • Not sure if this is a bug but I find it a bit peculiar and unlike real X0X programming:

If I chain patterns in step edit mode and start sequencer I can input notes and led is lit but the next round they are removed again. If I'm real quick and hit enter before next pattern in chain they are saved.But that's quite hit/miss...

I guess this is a consequence of having a single pattern edit buffer but wouldn't it be better if the last edited pattern was kept in the buffer until enter is hit or a note in another pattern is entered? Instead of having it cleared every new bar.

That way it would be possible to work out the timing of at least one pattern at a time in a chain and with sequencer running. Not 100% X0X but a bit closer... ;)
  • Seems like this bug list is not monitored and updated but anyway, here is one more bug.
    I can reproduce it every time in both Step Edit an Pattern Play modes.

If I have one of the following sounds on a beat...
    Rim shot
    Hand Clap
    Ride
    Crash

...and then also program Trig1 on the same beat. After a few bars the other sound will fade out and disappear. It does not return unless either
    I remove Trig1
    Or chose another pattern with the silenced sound and then go back to the problematic pattern. After returning the sounds will fade out again ig Trig1 is not removed.

So essentially Trig1 can not be used at the same time as the listed sounds. Very strange.
  • Oortone wrote:Seems like this bug list is not monitored and updated but anyway, here is one more bug.
    I can reproduce it every time in both Step Edit an Pattern Play modes.

If I have one of the following sounds on a beat...
    Rim shot
    Hand Clap
    Ride
    Crash

...and then also program Trig1 on the same beat. After a few bars the other sound will fade out and disappear. It does not return unless either
    I remove Trig1
    Or chose another pattern with the silenced sound and then go back to the problematic pattern. After returning the sounds will fade out again ig Trig1 is not removed.

So essentially Trig1 can not be used at the same time as the listed sounds. Very strange.
    I realized I didn't have the latest firmware today.
    Updating to 1.028beta fixed this. :D
  • Oortone wrote:Didn't find this bug in the list:

This happens at least when changing from a single pattern to a chain of two patterns, with longer chains there are also errors but I didn't examine those:

BUG: First pattern repeats twice first time when sequencer is started.

Example:
    1. First select a random pattern not being 1 or 2.
    2. Start sequencer.
    3. Stop sequencer.
    4. Chain pattern 1 & 2.
    5. Start sequencer.
    6. Patterns are played like this: 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2- 1 - 2...etc.

This happens most of the times but every now and then not. But most of the times the error is produced.
    Not slaved to sync while testing this.

I get it both in pattern step edit and pattern play.

(If sequencer is already running I get no errors when changing from single patterns to various chains)

(After chaining (step 4), if I let the first bar play in full then stop and start again the chain will play correctly, if I don't play the full bar the error is still produced)
    After update to 1.028beta, it's kind of still present but I'm not sure if it's a feature.
    Seems like it depends on if i press the leftmost or rightmost pattern first when chaining.

Like this:
    If the chain is 1-2-3-4 and I press 4 before 1 it plays:
    4-2-3-4-1-2-3-4...etc

It kind of makes sense so maybe it's on purpose?