Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • zabox wrote:
    tb303 wrote:
    druu wrote:Everyone should treat 1.026 as version 1.0, as in, the first functional firmware.
    v1.027 has a pretty glaring issue, the internal sequencer stutters when switching between pattern play/edit, and mute mode, while internal sequencer is playing.
    I can't replicate the issue. Can you upload a video with all relevant information? Maybe my interpretation of the bug is wrong.
    Here's a clip of my nava, switching between mute and pattern play/edit. The scope in the background acts as a visual aid, any stutter/variation should be visible on the screen. For reference i have included a video of the shuffle variation. Even the lowest setting is clearly visible. (I recommend to download the clips, played in my browser i noticed compression artifacts/pre echoes that sound almost like stutter)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3vnf65g7cizg ... dEKja?dl=0
    Thanks for the quick response. I was able to reproduce this yesterday, but now.. I can't either. When I was experiencing the issue it almost seemed like the sequencer would skip an entire step forward or backward as I switched modes, almost similar to what happens if you press >> or <<. I can't reproduce though so if I figure out a way to do so I'll take a video immediately. Cheers!
  • Nava pcbs 102 with mux brd and 127 firmware.
    Crash and Ride, sometimes HH too - when I run sequencer, and push only one step, the sound is barely audible, but if I push another step or steps, digital parts become louders as they should be.
    I checked that on three Navas with similar results.
    In Tap mode everything work fine!

Cheers
  • Never experienced that problem. Can you share a little more details?
    Same problem on older fw versions? Have you tried initializing the eeprom / reflashing the firmware?
    Do you have a v1.01 board with the same issues?
  • Only 102 brds. Yes, I reflashed MCU and initialized eeprom.
    Here is a sample, all volumes, all the time, are the same.
    https://tinyurl.com/y7nt5mxl
  • Mh, strange..
    I‘ve sent you a pm.
  • Encounter(ed) similar issues on pre-Zabox firmware (1.024?) with MUX. Didn't test on latest firmware yet.
    Just after startup in Tap-Mode (onyl hand triggering, no pattern recording, seq not running), Cymbals (i.e. Ride) have a very low volume. After running a pattern with other instruments volume normalizes immidiately.

Thought it may have something to do with to short accent-cap charging times during Initialisation... ?
    I'll check if the problem still exists
  • short question,

is the firmware now bugfree for the new MUX boards, i still have no profound answer in this forum.
    I dont wanna go thrugh soldering all that stuff and then realizing that my former version was more bug free?

I still only got information that elicktronick has the only two PCBs which do work properly with the MUx board all diy guys did fail, or have some kind of issues with the sound, is that still correct?

Thanks a lot.
  • mex wrote:short question,

is the firmware now bugfree for the new MUX boards, i still have no profound answer in this forum.
    I dont wanna go thrugh soldering all that stuff and then realizing that my former version was more bug free?

I still only got information that elicktronick has the only two PCBs which do work properly with the MUx board all diy guys did fail, or have some kind of issues with the sound, is that still correct?

Thanks a lot.
    Definately go for the MUX boards! No problems with them here at all. You get much better accent response with the boards installed. Also all firmwares past v1.023 only work properly with MUX boards. Especially the latest firmware by zabox will take your Nava to another level.
  • Care has to be taken when soldering the SMD parts. I think this is the main reason why some people reported errors. If everything is done meticulously they definately work.