Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Firmware progress update:
    Currently working on improving pattern groups.
    My idea is to load patterns in a group into ram and use those ram copies when changing to the next pattern in the group.
    Those copies should make it possible to edit them and retain those edits when switching patterns.

Saving a pattern from a group should only save changed patterns. Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Storing that data into ram does mean I would have to change the sysex implementation a little bit.
    Banks where transmitted in 4 parts, to free up memory this needs to be 8 parts.
  • Thanks for posting your track enjoyed it!

And thanks for fw update. To be able to edit multiple patterns at the same time while they play through and not have to save changes before the end of the pattern, to avoid losing work, would be amazing! (Which sounds like what you are talking about, if I'm correct?)

Also wanted to say thanks for new features so far - being able to change pattern from my sequencer is amazing, as is instant pattern change!!! Instant pattern change is available on a few of the Elektron boxes (Four and Rytm) and it's such a great feature on a drum machine! Very happy to have it present on my Nava! Totally unexpected, and very much appreciated!

One question on solo - is it poss to add more tracks to the solo 'group' as I find when performing I will solo something - and then decide I want to add another track - but can't figure out how to do it?

Also when you enter solo mode, how do you get back to mute mode?

Finally is it possible to TAP input the accent channel? Not sure if possible as the original fw wouldn't allow it, but finding I'm only ever using STEP entry to put accents in, so do this via TAP too would be great. Also feels like a more natural way to enter accents, as you can tap where it needs to accent the rhythm.

Thanks!
  • How should a switch to a new pattern or pattern group happen when an pattern group is active and synced change is on?

a) At the end of the current pattern.

b) At the end of the current pattern group.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • Neuromancer wrote:How should a switch to a new pattern or pattern group happen when an pattern group is active and synced change is on?

a) At the end of the current pattern.

b) At the end of the current pattern group.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
    End of current pattern!
  • b) At the end of the current pattern group.

Or configurable...
  • FlavioB wrote:b) At the end of the current pattern group.

Or configurable...
    Right...time to number the config page's then. (1/x ) in the right corner if possible.
  • Neuromancer wrote: Right...time to number the config page's then. (1/x ) in the right corner if possible.
    Go for it!

... and thanks for your efforts!
  • Can see uses for both end of pattern and end of group so config option seems like a good plan to me.
    FlavioB wrote:
    Neuromancer wrote: Right...time to number the config page's then. (1/x ) in the right corner if possible.
    Go for it!

... and thanks for your efforts!
    +1 again
  • There is a new Neuro release available for testing.

The release focuses on more useable pattern groups, the only reasonable way to get longer patterns.
    Groups now work in pattern edit mode, saving is only needed when you are done.

Other changes:
    *Only instrument hits within the pattern length are shown.

*When there are muted instruments and the Nava is not in MUTE mode the MUTE button will be lit dimly.

Download Here

Feedback on the pattern groups implementation is appreciated.

Now I need to make a list of requested features and features I wanted to implement.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer