[solved] Bass Drum BUZZZ

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Oh. :-/ Thx for keep on trying.

Also the snares noiselevel is the second thing to fix. :-)
  • So, as the IC11A is a half of M5218L IC..
    Maybe it's also worth looking at another part of the circuit with IC11B?
    I would suggest try to disconnect ACCENT_BD from opamp and short C89,
    so the opamp IN+ would be connected to GND, and check if the noise is still there.
  • Have anyone tried to solder all metal film resistors instead carbon and low esr capacitors instead those in BOM ? Could it be one of reasons to fix bass drum buzz ? Looking for answers :)
  • I found all right.
  • could you confirm that in your Nava bass drum section all resistors is metal film and capacitors low esr and no any buzz at full volume.
  • >Have anyone tried to solder all metal film resistors
    I will try that when i start to assemble the BD circuit / section, as i have all metal film resistors besides the 10k ones.
    (Only carbon 10k were available at the time of the first tayda order, but i have already ordered metal film 10k, waiting them now)
  • Maybe this problem same with MT?
    I checked ALL parts in my BD section
    Tried a lot combination
    Tried disconnect power from other sections(Sounds) no changes.
    Maybe just need increase BD level in firmware and it will increase difference between buzz and BD sound
    Thank you for layouts, want check it soon, maybe couple extra fresh eyes could find something)
  • Hope you will get good results! I also want work with better components, but already bought carbon resistors, but anyway would buy metal if would know about better results :) more comments please ! huh
  • another_universe wrote:Hope you will get good results! I also want work with better components, but already bought carbon resistors, but anyway would buy metal if would know about better results :) more comments please ! huh
    In my Nava all resistors metal film