Mix Out Noisy/Distorted

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • to remove the two 22k, does that mean to remove them and bridge with a component leg or just remove them? just to be safe.
  • Same problem here, and same question as Data Jam. I'll try the R471 mod now.

Btw I'm also getting led interference.

EDIT: the mod with the diode and R471 didn't fix it for me, mix out still has a lot of noise.
  • Data Jam wrote:to remove the two 22k, does that mean to remove them and bridge with a component leg or just remove them? just to be safe.
    You can remove them or Q82 & Q8. As it was said before these just initiate the Q82 & Q83 transistors for a mute circuit.

I would measure the line side of D194 and make sure there is no voltage before doing anything, if there is voltage something is out of bias causing the problem with Q82-83.

I would also recommend that you look at using 2 shielded cables for the wiring for J6/W6. Old CD Audio cable or the 1/8" cables that are fairly common for interconnects would be good easy choices for wire sources. Shield should go to to the common grounding pin. This is shown in the I/O build.

C153/C154 and C155/C152 would be great places to put better quality caps at BTW and or bypass with a 0.1 Film.

This is a simple circuit, you can check for any distortion prior to IC66 at the Summed pins o the main pcb on J6/w6
  • installed shielded cables, it's better but there is still noise, but i could live with that, all my analog gear is noisy...\

edit: ok i forgot, the snare is very noisy, if no active steps and snare volume 100% there's a lot of noise.
  • Data Jam wrote:installed shielded cables, it's better but there is still noise, but i could live with that, all my analog gear is noisy...\

edit: ok i forgot, the snare is very noisy, if no active steps and snare volume 100% there's a lot of noise.

Same with my snare.
  • i don't think this is anything, but since i don't know much about electronics, lets throw it in...

on the yocto the master ground is connected only to one board, in the nava build guide it looks its connected to both. its hard to see... does it need to be, or could it improve if its connected like on the yocto ?
  • Normally you would only connect it to one side to avoid a ground loop. As the two pcbs are already connected with ground via the power.

I have noticed the same and already decided to do it like this.
  • I asked this question earlier in the thread but got no answers or clarity.

I have ground soldered on both sides like the pictures on my Nava.

The yocto has not. An my Yocto is dead silent :-)
  • jeroenbvo wrote:Normally you would only connect it to one side to avoid a ground loop. As the two pcbs are already connected with ground via the power.

I have noticed the same and already decided to do it like this.
    with only one side connected, do you have a clean mix out ? also on what board do you have the ground connected ?

i tried it, connected ground only on IO board, sounds awful...