No noise

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Dear jbdiver,

IC27 is in the right way. Check +15v and -15v on IC27 pin4, 8 and +15v on IC31 pin 2 and 14, IC32 pin 14 and IC33 pin 14.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I checked all the power pins again and I'm seeing the correct values.
  • Did you ever find a solution? Stuck in the same situation early in the build.
  • I'm stuck in a similar situation. Pin 9 on IC33 is at +15V. Some other pins have a square wave signal.

I checked the voltages above, and they are matching, except on IC27 the +15 and -15 are the reverse of what's given above.
  • same here, all voltages as they should but unmodulated 15 V on PIN 9 of IC33. I just replaced IC33 with no change at all.
    Is there any other way to trace back the signal? I want to avoid replacing IC32, too as desoldering ICs is such a pain.

Please help! Thanks in advance!
  • Allthough the forum seems to be quite abandoned I want to share, that a faulty 14006 IC caused the problems mentioned above.
    Noise is now working properly :D
  • monomood wrote:Allthough the forum seems to be quite abandoned I want to share, that a faulty 14006 IC caused the problems mentioned above.
    Unfortunately most of those supplied with the kit are bad. I had 2 out of 10 working.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    monomood wrote:Allthough the forum seems to be quite abandoned I want to share, that a faulty 14006 IC caused the problems mentioned above.
    Unfortunately most of those supplied with the kit are bad. I had 2 out of 10 working.
    A bit late finishing my build (been sitting i the shelf for over a year) but I seem to have the same issue with noise here. Anyone know where to source these 14006 IC:s?
  • maglar wrote:
    KlangGenerator wrote:
    monomood wrote:Allthough the forum seems to be quite abandoned I want to share, that a faulty 14006 IC caused the problems mentioned above.
    A bit late finishing my build (been sitting i the shelf for over a year) but I seem to have the same issue with noise here. Anyone know where to source these 14006 IC:s?
    I got mine from ebay.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MC14006CP-IC-18 ... SwQepbopML
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/10x-MC14006BCP- ... Swy1ZdLQBg