Nava v1.0 metal Box [WAITING LIST]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • HappyMum wrote:Hello everybody,

I just remember you 2 points :

- for all who want a Nava case, that there is a waiting list with a link, that find at the beginning on this topic.

Registration is requiered to make a reservation ;)

- do not pay attention to the spelling mistake on the word "Rhythm", this has been corrected

For information, the case is unchangeable, i'm glad this inspires you :D
    The case is un-changeable? They have already been made?

It really needs an IEC port.

To hand make this beautiful beautiful device and put a wall wart on it seems crazy..
  • Added myself to the list, very exited about this project, the Yocto was great fun, and it's a great machine, i'm sure this is equally good :)
  • Hi there Happymum,

i'd like to join the waiting list for the case.

My best regards and thank you for taking care of the case.

Cheers
  • I just added myself to the list! It really looks fantastic!

• The case is un-changeable? They have already been made?

To hand make this beautiful beautiful device and put a wall wart on it seems crazy..

I agree an IEC port is essential. A wall wart for this machine is not good, they take up too much space, and you can't get a true ground. This case looks nice and it would be a shame to have to hack it to put in an IEC port, especially after spending all that cash on it. Cutting into a powder coated surface will ruin it.
  • synthdood wrote:

I agree an IEC port is essential. A wall wart for this machine is not good, they take up too much space, and you can't get a true ground. This case looks nice and it would be a shame to have to hack it to put in an IEC port, especially after spending all that cash on it. Cutting into a powder coated surface will ruin it.
    We do not add IEC connector because we don't want Diyer to connect high voltage.
    It is a DIY kit and low voltage is safety so if you really want an IEC connector: "dremel is your friend" ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    synthdood wrote:

We do not add IEC connector because we don't want Diyer to connect high voltage.
    It is a DIY kit and low voltage is safety so if you really want an IEC connector: "dremel is your friend" ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Kacper put one on the Yocto and that case is the best.

To exclude one on atge Nava is a mistake. What's the difference with people using a dremel and you supplying a already cut port? :)
  • My thought on the subject is not so contrasted.

Without even talking about the dangerous side of wiring an internal transformer, there is also that without a faraday cage it adds noise to those analog circuits... and additionally also heat.

But if it's properly made, OK it can be interesting. In my opinion the main advantage with an external one is to keep the case littler. So as here the case is bigger than it could for the angle desktop style to be achieve, it could contain an internal one.
    HappyMum wrote:ElSchtroumpf asked me (by PM) Nava box dimensions:
    The dimensions are exactly the same as Yocto, so wooden sides Yocto match on Nava box ;)
    I would like to point out that if the PCBs are of the same size as the Yocto one the case is for sure not the same size as the ElSchtroumpf Yocto case nor the Kacper one, it would then be in fact a bit littler. Here the 90° angle is made between the bottom and the rear, like ElSchtroumpf did at the first time for the prototype. But then he changed it for the 90° angle to be between the rear and the front, which added a bit of room in the case to be able to put an internal transformer more easily (and also gives a nicer profil and more accessible rear for the plugs).

For sure the wooden sides Yocto which would matches that you are talking about are not the ones I made.

Here is a PDF with the ElSchtroumpf case's profil (blue line for the lower part and black for the upper one). It can be printed in 100% and give the real size. Could you clarify the size aspect a bit HappyMum ?
  • gihaume wrote:My thought on the subject is not so contrasted.

Without even talking about the dangerous side of wiring an internal transformer, there is also that without a faraday cage it adds noise to those analog circuits... and additionally also heat.

But if it's properly made, OK it can be interesting. In my opinion the main advantage with an external one is to keep the case littler. So as here the case is bigger than it could for the angle desktop style to be achieve, it could contain an internal one.
    HappyMum wrote:ElSchtroumpf asked me (by PM) Nava box dimensions:
    The dimensions are exactly the same as Yocto, so wooden sides Yocto match on Nava box ;)
    I would like to point out that if the PCBs are of the same size as the Yocto one the case is for sure not the same size as the ElSchtroumpf Yocto case nor the Kacper one, it would then be in fact a bit littler. Here the 90° angle is made between the bottom and the rear, like ElSchtroumpf did at the first time for the prototype. But then he changed it for the 90° angle to be between the rear and the front, which added a bit of room in the case to be able to put an internal transformer more easily (and also gives a nicer profil and more accessible rear for the plugs).

For sure the wooden sides Yocto which would matches that you are talking about are not the ones I made.

Here is a PDF with the ElSchtroumpf case's profil (blue line for the lower part and black for the upper one). It can be printed in 100% and give the real size. Could you clarify the size aspect a bit HappyMum ?
    Interesting points. Thank you Gihaume.

HappyMum would you consider offering the Nava case without printing? Just raw metal case.