Nava v1.0 metal Box [WAITING LIST]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Shipping will be from where? I'm in the Netherlands, is there an estimate?
  • Couple of things... you have "RHYTHM" spelled wrong on the case. You're missing the first 'H'

[resize=800]http://plus.pointblanklondon.com/wp-con ... TR-909.jpg[/resize]

Second...there's a large gap between the controls and the labels. I think it would look better if "NAVA" and "RHYTHM" were above the controls like the original 909. Maybe that's not easy to do based on the board construction?

Other than that, thanks for the hard work!
  • pr_simon wrote:Hi there,
    Will there be a version of the case with a cable slot for when an internal power supply is installed, like Kacper did for the Yocto with his version 2 case ?
    Unless Nava's specific architecture doesn't leave enough room for an internal PSU at all perhaps ?
    (sorry I can't really check that myself as I'm not DIY skilled and haven't seen either units in person yet)
    Maybe will be a update of the possible second batch.
    hofmann25 wrote:Dremel? :mrgreen:
    That's a good solution ;)
    drumatix wrote:Couple of things... you have "RHYTHM" spelled wrong on the case. You're missing the first 'H'
    Read the first post : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=797#p4325
    drumatix wrote:Second...there's a large gap between the controls and the labels. I think it would look better if "NAVA" and "RHYTHM" were above the controls like the original 909. Maybe that's not easy to do based on the board construction?
    I adapted design to match Vincents PCB.
  • there's a large gap between the controls and the labels. I think it would look better if "NAVA" and "RHYTHM" were above the controls like the original 909. Maybe that's not easy to do based on the board construction?
    Agreed, they look a bit lost in the big white as is so, if not placed above the synth controls for lack of space, perhaps they could be just a little closer to the sequencer controls below them. Also the "NAVA" logo would most probably look sharper and hint more at the original if there was less space between letters, but I suppose that's a highly subjective matter (and the whole thing is looking great nonetheless !).
    great :idea:
  • This is verry exciting, I've been waiting for a good 909 clone for a long time :)
  • most awesome, signed up :)
  • deejayraoul wrote:Shipping will be from where? I'm in the Netherlands, is there an estimate?
    Hi there,
    Shipping will be from Metropolitan France, and the cost will be 21.20 €
  • You did an amazing job, and I really like that it's powder coated.
  • HappyMum wrote:
    pr_simon wrote:Hi there,
    Will there be a version of the case with a cable slot for when an internal power supply is installed, like Kacper did for the Yocto with his version 2 case ?
    Unless Nava's specific architecture doesn't leave enough room for an internal PSU at all perhaps ?
    (sorry I can't really check that myself as I'm not DIY skilled and haven't seen either units in person yet)
    hofmann25 wrote:+1? :D
    HappyMum, is there any way you can incorporate an IEC (Internal PS) into this first batch? :D
    It would make this case perfect.

Wall wart transformers are awful and make the product look cheap. They also fault very easily and you often have to buy 3-4 during the life of the device they are powering.

Please! :D :D :D