Nava

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I would like to try the different sounds as I progress in my build.
    So, now Im almost done with the bassdrum - can I trig the sound directly on the point that is marked Trig on the PCB? and what voltage should I use (+5v?) And can I monitor the output from that section directly? I mean can I connect a line or headphone directly to the bassdrum output (J1-1)?
    Thanks!
  • AonFluX wrote:I would like to try the different sounds as I progress in my build.
    So, now Im almost done with the bassdrum - can I trig the sound directly on the point that is marked Trig on the PCB? and what voltage should I use (+5v?) And can I monitor the output from that section directly? I mean can I connect a line or headphone directly to the bassdrum output (J1-1)?
    Thanks!
    Just finished my kick and really wanted to hear it too. I was able to listen to it the way you described. I used the +5v pin on the power header to trigger. I used a temporary wire and had to tap the on the trig pin really quickly to imitate a pulse. Only 9 more instruments to go!
  • FactoryDefault wrote:
    AonFluX wrote:I would like to try the different sounds as I progress in my build.
    Thanks!
    Just finished my kick and really wanted to hear it too. I was able to listen to it the way you described. I used the +5v pin on the power header to trigger. I used a temporary wire and had to tap the on the trig pin really quickly to imitate a pulse. Only 9 more instruments to go!
    Yes, I did this aswell, trigger with a wire connected to +5v, but it was hard to perform a short pulse, så sometimes it sounded a little wierd :)
    I don´t know what the lowest voltage it can trigger on is, but If im lucky i could use my MPC2500, as that can be used with a short square-wave sample and clock my SH-101. Or I'll have to find a function generator of some sort..
  • Hi all..

Just finished all the voices and they sound great, but i have a problem with my Bassdrum.
    It triggers fine and the kick sounds like an 909, but the tone/pitch(VR2) is not fully working, something is
    happening, and it sound more like a variable accent added to the sound. Level pot are working fine.
    Attack (VR3) is adding some white noise to the sound when tuned up, and decay (VR5) is also doing something right,
    but not great.
    I have been all over the resistors, caps, diodes and all other double checking everything, and everything seems to
    be fine. Volts on the 2603 are fine.. no bad soldering...

Any ideas? i'm quite lost at the moment..

Thomas
  • To trigger the individual instruments you need a 1ms 5V pulse. you can do this with an arduino and some script.
    See this topic at the Yocto forum
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=179#p701

Anyway, a lot of issues you may encounter building the Nava we probably had with the Yocto too, so search that forum as it is a treasure of info.

Cheers, Jeroen
  • Hi,

The LCD screen is a little dark using the 1.2k resistor as per the BOM on the manual page.
    In the schematic its a 220... is this fine, too, or will it burn the backlight LED?
  • jeroenbvo wrote:To trigger the individual instruments you need a 1ms 5V pulse. you can do this with an arduino and some script.

Anyway, a lot of issues you may encounter building the Nava we probably had with the Yocto too, so search that forum as it is a treasure of info.

Cheers, Jeroen
    Yes, wonderful idea, finally Im getting some use for my arduinos :)

Wonder why the easiest solution, usually are the hardest to think of..
  • jeroenbvo wrote:To trigger the individual instruments you need a 1ms 5V pulse. you can do this with an arduino and some script.

Cheers, Jeroen
    Do you also need to connect acc to +5V on the Nava in order to check the different sounds as the are getting built?
  • AonFluX wrote:
    jeroenbvo wrote:To trigger the individual instruments you need a 1ms 5V pulse. you can do this with an arduino and some script.

Cheers, Jeroen
    Do you also need to connect acc to +5V on the Nava in order to check the different sounds as the are getting built?
    Yes you do.