Nava Sequence won't advance.

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I have built two Navas. One is perfect. One has all of its voices perfect, but not the sequencer. I turn it on and hit start, but the sequencer won't advance. It plays all drum sounds at once and then stops.

I've reflowed the IC a few times and have reprogrammed it a few times, but no change.
    I can play all voices via midi.
  • For some reason pattern is defaulting/overwriting to length of 256, scl of 0, and all instruments on accent high for each step.

So while I am programming a pattern it will suddenly become length of 256, scl of 0, and all instruments on accent high for each step. Patterns are not saving properly.
    If I program last step to 16, it will be after the 16th step when it resets.
  • AbeLovesSynths wrote:For some reason pattern is defaulting/overwriting to length of 256, scl of 0, and all instruments on accent high for each step.

So while I am programming a pattern it will suddenly become length of 256, scl of 0, and all instruments on accent high for each step. Patterns are not saving properly.
    -Check that EEprom is well powered.
    -Check R689 R690 Resistor value on the I2C bus. Should be 4K7
    -Check that they are well connected to +5V
    -Try to replace your EEprom
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    AbeLovesSynths wrote:For some reason pattern is defaulting/overwriting to length of 256, scl of 0, and all instruments on accent high for each step.

-Check that EEprom is well powered.
    -Check R689 R690 Resistor value on the I2C bus. Should be 4K7
    -Check that they are well connected to +5V
    -Try to replace your EEprom
    I swapped the EEprom with the one from my working Nava and nothing changed.
    I put the EEprom from the Bad Nava into the working Nava and it works just fine.
    R689 and 690 confirmed to be 4K7
    EEprom gets 4.91 on pin 10 and 4.9 on pin 30
  • Try to swap your working uC with the one on the Nava that doesn't
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Try to swap your working uC with the one on the Nava that doesn't
    I did that:

I put the EEprom from the Bad Nava into the working Nava and it works just fine.

So it's not the EEprom right?

• Here is a video showing the swapping of EEproms
  • AbeLovesSynths wrote:
    e-licktronic wrote:Try to swap your working uC with the one on the Nava that doesn't
    I did that:

What you swap it is the microcontroller Atmega1284p what you need to swap is the small DIP8 I2C EEprom IC115 not IC119
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    AbeLovesSynths wrote:
    e-licktronic wrote:Try to swap your working uC with the one on the Nava that doesn't
    I did that:

What you swap it is the microcontroller Atmega1284p what you need to swap is the small DIP8 I2C EEprom IC115 not IC119
    Ok my bad. Apologoes for not knowing the difference.
    Swapping did change things. The EEprom 115 from the working Nava, when inserted into the non working one, causes it to work.
    So I need to buy a new IC? It is getting ~5V on pin 8.
    I've reprogrammed it many times to no avail.