v1.01a troubleshooting (no display, but seq. is good)

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Tried to update via SysEx.. I used the C6 program from Elektron and it seems to be doing the update, but it stalls at this point and when i restart it all LEDS are on..

After update seems to be done

After restart

After I restart once again no LED's light up..

Any idea what this means? The update failed?

I am assuming the display would give some information, but I feel like i just took a step back :(
  • No one? Vincent?
  • istel wrote:No one? Vincent?
    The quality of v1.0 and v1.01a boards is pretty poor. Many users - including me - reported all sorts of issues due to broken traces. Download the PCB Silkscreen files and check the traces in the sequencer section, especially those around IC110. Also check your cabling.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    istel wrote:No one? Vincent?
    The quality of v1.0 and v1.01a boards is pretty poor. Many users - including me - reported all sorts of issues due to broken traces. Download the PCB Silkscreen files and check the traces in the sequencer section, especially those around IC110. Also check your cabling.
    Okay, I have been suspecting that a little bit. Hmm, I will give that a shot and also consider asking Vincent if I could buy a newer board if the quality of those are better.

You don't happen to be based in Berlin, do you? I would love to get some personal help and I would of course pay for the inconvenience.

Thank you for answering in any case.
  • istel wrote:
    KlangGenerator wrote:
    istel wrote:No one? Vincent?
    Okay, I have been suspecting that a little bit. Hmm, I will give that a shot and also consider asking Vincent if I could buy a newer board if the quality of those are better.

You don't happen to be based in Berlin, do you? I would love to get some personal help and I would of course pay for the inconvenience.

Thank you for answering in any case.
    I would not buy a newer board, now that your Nava is nearly completed. Once your issues are fixed all should be good. The poor PCB quality just makes it very hard not to break traces during the build itself.

I am based in Cologne. If you fail to find the issue I can offer you to send your Nava in for repair. ;)