Who has low bassdrum volume? Write here.

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • NEWS: Think I've found the problem of kickdrum and hot ic114 mux/sh board: the accent pcb trace coming from ic114 to bassdrum ic11b is shorted to ground. That explains the hot opamp on ic114. I'm not so sure about the kickdrum, but it could well be.
  • The problem was a damn metal washer I put under the nut of the bolt I used to secure the lcd. It scratched the pcb paint and shorted the trace from ic114 to BD to ground. Such a silly thing. Now the bassdrum is there, but still the output is low compared to the output of my other Nava bassdrum. I can see it from my scope, and I clearly hear it with phones. Mind: the bassdrum is not unaudible, but it's quiet, too quiet. I compared every ENV between the two Navas with the scope and they are identical. Accent comes perfectly now. Anyone on this? Thanks
  • BUMP BUMP BUMP! Everything solved, except for the bass drum, the volume is still low, on individual outputs as well as on master out. This is strange cause in my other nava the bd volume is waaaay higher. Anynone? I'm quite desperate
  • Replace VR4G$1 with a 150 or 200K pot. (Volume will be much louder !!)
    donzo93 wrote:BUMP BUMP BUMP! Everything solved, except for the bass drum, the volume is still low, on individual outputs as well as on master out. This is strange cause in my other nava the bd volume is waaaay higher. Anynone? I'm quite desperate
  • JvR wrote:Replace VR4G$1 with a 150 or 200K pot. (Volume will be much louder !!)
    Already thought about this but I don't think it would solve the problem. The sound is unbalanced between the pulse part (comes through almost fine), and the oscillator part (very low). I'll try and recheck everything for the 10th time, maybe I missed something.
  • Recheked everything (pcb traces, resistors, misplaced components): everythings ok. Changed every diode and every transistor that I haven't already changed. Now the pulse part and the oscillator part of the kick are balanced, but still low volume. A little progress at least. The tone is very good nonetheless. I'll post an update when I solve the mistery.