Nava V1.02 Build Issues - Missing 7 Drum Voices !

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • First things first, upgrade to 1.026, then troubleshoot.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864#p4853
  • You should try listening in on the mainbiard using a pair of headphones by touching the tip on the output connection (where the 4 pin molex connect) and grounding the the sleeve. This should determine if its the instrument circuit or an issue with either wiring or the master. I've built 4 1.2 boards with the same batches of ml218s and found only about 5 bad opamps. All my transistors have been good. If it seems to be a fault in the instrument circuit check your polirized parts orientation and for bad soldering. If your instruments seem ok check your wiring is good and your master output. Keep a clear head and be maticuless, work on one sound at a time, the rimshot is the simplest circuit and then the kick. If you have a scope check you are getting triggers to trig and accent.
  • Also out of 4 builds i found 3 bad an6912 in the clap circuit. It may be worth ordering one these worked well for me if you are in europe/uk Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162684890279
  • Upgraded to 1.026 firmware and found the source of the problem - a bad ground connection on the sequencer Molex connection.

All seems to be working pretty well, but the clap with has no attack, just the tail of the sound. Is this likely due to the AN6912 IC?
  • All seems to be working pretty well, but the clap with has no attack, just the tail of the sound. Is this likely due to the AN6912 IC?
    Yes. You could email Vincent to get you a replacement but depending on where you are it'll most likely be quicker to order something more local.