Open hi hat Accent always on full

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • That is the correct functioning of the OH. Congratulations on completing your Nava
  • kogz23 wrote:Hi all,
    just completed my build and after a lot of troubleshooting my Nava is almost fully working. Several bad M5128s caused several headaches!
    So the last issue I have is there is no way to vary the open hihat accent. It is always full. I can not get a half lit led indicating less accent, the only option seems to be full accent. Is this an error or is this the way it is meant to be?
    Thanks!
    I'd the same problem. Check the +5V on TMP1 when press left buttom in Tap-Mode of the Hi-Hat.
    When the voltage is not +5V but maybe +8V or higher for both pressing the Hi-Hat buttoms (In Tap Mode) then adjust the voltage to +5V. Or untill you hear different in accent. Left Hi-Hat buttom the voltage is +5V en voor Right Hi-hat Buttom +2.5V. The output of component IC118 (MCP4822) is in saturation.

Another way is to adjust the TMP1 not on +5V but +3.5V with Power-on and Pressing Enter. The another accents is even working good also when the accent voltage is lower. For me is the accent +3.5V foor all instruments. Only for Hi-Hat is always higher !!

Remarks : This is done with the V1.028 software !!! If this is working with older Software ???

Cheers Jos
  • Uhhh what? No offense but that is massively confusing JvR. By adjusting TM1 ("TMP1") you will adjust the accent level for all instruments.

There is no accent for the Open HiHat. That's the way it is supposed to work, the operating system does not provide for this function.