First test of my Nava v1.0l .... grrrrr ( Solved )

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • What firmware are you running the Nava with? There were a few changes made regarding instrument levels. BD attack works better when you reduce BD volume. Dead M5218l provided with the kit are pretty common and are often the reason for non working/ quiet instruments. Also check for wrong resistor values and bad traces. Mux_SH boards improve accent behaviour a lot IF THEY WORK.
  • Regarding the BD mod: Did you do a continuity check with the cut traces?
  • KlangGenerator wrote:What firmware are you running the Nava with? There were a few changes made regarding instrument levels. BD attack works better when you reduce BD volume. Dead M5218l provided with the kit are pretty common and are often the reason for non working/ quiet instruments. Also check for wrong resistor values and bad traces. Mux_SH boards improve accent behaviour a lot IF THEY WORK.
    Hi, thx for the reply, firmware was v 1.018 , updated to v 1.022 then v 1.023 and now i'm on v 1.025 , BD ,SN,LT,MT,HT,CL on individual outputs are ok , RIM is too loud
    and OHH, CHH,Ride,Crash sound wise ok but much too quiet ...

Removed IC 111 and 114 and 110 and al sounds are there and Loud now ....

I wil investigate further ...

Grtzzzz,

Danny.
  • Keep in mind that v1.024 and v1.025 only work properly with MUX_SH boards installed. You should install v1.023 without the boards.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:Keep in mind that v1.024 and v1.025 only work properly with MUX_SH boards installed. You should install v1.023 without the boards.
    ok i reversed back to v 1.023 firmware , there is something wrong about or around the TL074 , i put it back with the two CD4051 ( ic 110,111,114 ) without calibrating TM2 and everything works except for the HH, take out only the TL074... HH is back .... put it back and calibrating ..... HH, Ride and Crash gone ....

Tomorrow getting a new TL074 .... something strange on the MUX ...

I want to make it works without the extra MUX boards because some people have the Nava working without it .... ( so they tell ...)

Grtzzzz,

Danny
    Last edited by tekno808 on Apr 17th, '18, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
  • Using now Firmware 1.025 without the Mux boards, changed the capacitors on the TL074 from 470 nf to 470 pf ... now HH,Crash and Ride is ok ,
    accent is working but it's not that louder .
    So i leave it like this or maybe i will later put the Mux boards in .....

the hummmm, buzzzz sound is gone :-) , not enough voltage on the ac psu ( only 13 VAC ) new psu is now 16,5 vac en no more buzzz, hmmmm.
    Grtzzzz,

Danny