v1.1/v1.2/mux rabbit hole

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Hi serum114,

Did you update with the last firmware ?
    Did you rewrite pattern step cause on last firmware the accent value isn't the same ?

Did you manage to get your Navas working before the
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Yes. All is correct, the recording is of my 1.2 just with different mux. All instruments work as expected in tap mode but there is something wrong with the mux board. I have managed to make 2 boards work (out of 10) at ic111 after hours of work. Seems strange how its only an effect on the 2 of the 3 digital parts and both are releted to just the global accent. Strange how sensitive they are. I can have a good working ride change ic4 to try fix the crash but then end up with either both not working or just the crash. Seems that some boards just wont work. Interference maybe? Strange that you can hear the accent working but have a bad digital part. How is this related?
  • I’ve noticed the same issue, I’ve built multiple MUX pcbs and always an issue with crash or ride.
  • Thanks druu.

So you haven't overcome this problem and its a case of building them until one works correctly at ic111?

Vincent.. Yesterday was again spent pulling ics and caps from mux boards and still I wasn't able to get another good working mux. I even pulled every component and replaced and still it sounds as before. Where is my fault?? Remember I do have 2 boards that work correctly at ic111.
  • serum114 wrote: So you haven't overcome this problem and its a case of building them until one works correctly at ic111?
    I have mine mostly working but my cymbals (CH/OH, Ride, Crash) still don’t sound as good as running without the MUX populated, mostly the decay is affected.

I would gladly run without the MUX boards but then global accent doesn’t work and also the signal becomes too ‘hot’ and somewhat distorted. I may try removing the MUX and repopulating the missing caps from each section to see if that helps. All of the MUX pcbs I’ve built were assembled meticulously so I’m not sure what the issue is either. Maybe still firmware related?

With the current MUX I have installed, the sounds are perfect when using TRIG-1, only they sound different through the sequencer (cymbals only!).
  • I'm not sure it will help. I replaced the caps for the cymbals on my v1.1 and it still sounded bad with my dodgy mux boards.
  • serum114 wrote:I'm not sure it will help. I replaced the caps for the cymbals on my v1.1 and it still sounded bad with my dodgy mux boards.
    Oh I meant revert to the circuit pre-MUX. So use 4051's in place on IC111 and IC114 and populate the caps in each voice (e.g. C89 BD cap, etc). Along with this maybe revert to v1.023 firmware.. If I get the sound I'm after with that then I won't bother with the MUX pcbs..
  • So you are on an earlier board than v1.2?
  • serum114 wrote:So you are on an earlier board than v1.2?
    If you mean v1.02, I’m on that version. Adding the caps would be a mod for me as they were removed from this revision.