..::MUX_SH::.. Confused about some problems

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I've been experiencing the same issue on 2 Nava so I was looking for feedback on the last upgrade+update so I posted here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1118&start=30#wrap

It seems my internal sequencer and accent is working as it should but I got the same problem with drum voices that fades out when played in MIDI expander mode.
  • I've seen your post.

I think my problem is inside the hardware. Maybe different types of any parts. You only have the midi bugged?
    Please check the mid tom on the same step like the kick.
    And also the ride.

Thx!
  • Hi,

Sorry I didn't really understood what you were explaining about the internal sequencer, but yeah there's some weird things going on with the different accents with the internal seq too, but it seems that playing the sequence for 1 or 2 bars makes everything goes to normal. I've tried replacing chips on the accent boards but the problem is the same, both Nava works fine with 1.023 and CD4051s but experiences the same issue with the accent boards and newer version of the firmware. Will try building others accent boards to see if it solves it and let you know.
  • BastienL wrote:I've been experiencing the same issue on 2 Nava so I was looking for feedback on the last upgrade+update so I posted here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1118&start=30#wrap

It seems my internal sequencer and accent is working as it should but I got the same problem with drum voices that fades out when played in MIDI expander mode.
    When you say the drum voices fade out, do you mean you lose volume on the decay after a little while?

I have this really odd issue where all my voices will sound great but then after a little while, some of the voices (namely cymbals) 'lose' their decay and I'm left only with the accent. This is something to do with IC111 MUX_SH board. If I remove the board while the best is playing, the voice will come back loudly. I'm using the Nava standalone too..
  • Yes, the fade out means, there is after some time of the runing sequencer some instrument not to hear.
  • Croodey wrote:Hi guys,
    I've built my first two pairs of these Accent_Fixers, called MUX_SH.

In the BOM was added the
    HFC4051YM013TR
    And also the
    SN74V4051AD

I think it doesn't matter which one you take.
    I've took the HFC4051*****

With both pairs i have the same problems. And it is really hard for me to tell all the troubles.
    If i built it back to the original Acc IC's it was runing without all problems again.

Firmware 1.024 (firmware 1.023 makes the same)

If i activate a step with 1 press, there is nothing to hear.
    With 2 press, it is the Bd to hear, but to quiet.
    When i press one time the step after the full aktivated step, the second step is played the drum quieter (maybe right)
    But the 1 time pressed need without activated Accent everytime a 2 times pressed step on the step before.
    With Accent, yeaaaaah <3, Yes,... This maybe can be right.

SD have the same problem. But there is the one time pressed step without accent not to hear.

Low Tom is maybe perfekt.

Mid Tom:
    If i activate a step on the same place like the Bd, is automatc the the full accent on the Bd. The sound of the mid tom is a little bit distorted. When i delete the steps of the MT, the kick runs forward with full accent and the normal accent doesn't change it if i turn down.

The next instruments to the Ride are, so i mean ok.

The Ride, i dont know what this is doing.
    On the first step it was like a Roll on some instruments. And on an other step it was an other random pattern. Maybe it was only an other setting of Accent?! I don't know.
    It was a great pattern, but not to use for what i want to do :D
    Sometimes the Bd was falling down with the volume like a to hard sidechain.

Have anyone also problems lik this?
    Can you help me?

Midi notes (as expander) are runing with the same problems.

Now it is moddet to the old Version, and it works like it should do.

Thank you!
    Can you tell me what you've done to roll back to v1.023, besides reinstall the 4051's? Are you adding the missing caps again?
  • Sure, the caps are reinstalled again too.
  • Croodey wrote:Sure, the caps are reinstalled again too.
    Hmm ok, you must be on a board older than 1.02 main.
  • It is 1.02.
    Why?
    If you mean it because i say it works like it should do with firmware 1.023, so i mean it works like v1.023 was worked before ;)

But with the Mux_SH and the new firmware it is not to use.