Futur e-licktronic Drum Machine ???

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I'd be interested in a CR-78 kit and with prices above £1500 for an original, I'm sure other people would be too.
  • There already is a pretty cheap clone in the market.
  • gihaume wrote:There already is a pretty cheap clone in the market.
    Which one?

BTW: I found the MiniPops-7 Clone!!! --> https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=199360
  • Please make a Linndrum or SP1200 clone, please!

The really hard part would be recreating the old D/A converters for that lo-fi sound...
  • Revok wrote:Please make a Linndrum or SP1200 clone, please!

The really hard part would be recreating the old D/A converters for that lo-fi sound...
    There was also a clone project around the Linndrum.
    The website is now closed but thanks webarchive... ;)
    --> https://web.archive.org/web/20180722205 ... nnDrum.htm
  • Hi Hats of the Boss Dr 110 would be preferred here.
  • Hats of the Roland Tr 606 are even more preferred!!!
  • Kick from the Korg SR 120.
  • I spent a lot of money putting together a Nava and ultimately failed. I asked here but never got any support from E-Licktronic.

I thought I was just impatient and stupid until I managed to put a Gilbert together in ~15 hours on the first try. E-Licktronic’s PCB quality was to blame. I was not willing to sink another thousand dollars and hundred hours into building a second Nava which might also have a faulty board.

When the v1.02 Nava appeared with allegedly higher quality PCBs, I hired a professional builder. He, too, ended up with a PCB so bad that he opted to start over with a fresh kit. No word yet on whether the new PCB is also worthless.

I appreciate that others have PCBs that survived, but I am never buying another E-Licktronic kit again. In fact, I'd like my money back.

Update: E-Licktronic claims that my kit—which could not withstand the work required to assemble it—is not eligible for a refund under their Terms and Conditions. Legally E-Licktronic may be in the clear, but this is morally and ethically abysmal.

Just to make it perfectly clear: because these are DIY kits, E-Licktronic can sell you faulty PCBs and claim it's your fault."
    Last edited by d-wreck on Nov 6th, '20, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.