Mux/sh problem 1.024 [SOLVED]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Grizzlydj wrote:the modification works fine and sounds as it should, the midi synchronization also works, but here's midi play mode not working !!! when I send some midi data sometimes only works clap .... who else can confirm a bad job by midi note?
    Grizzlydj,

Do you still have the issue cause we test it on our Navas and no MIDI bug was report.
    Let me know
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    Grizzlydj wrote:the modification works fine and sounds as it should, the midi synchronization also works, but here's midi play mode not working !!! when I send some midi data sometimes only works clap .... who else can confirm a bad job by midi note?
    Grizzlydj,

Do you still have the issue cause we test it on our Navas and no MIDI bug was report.
    Let me know
    yes, with firmware 1.024 I only have clap and midtom on my midi, I put 1.023 - everything works as intended, it's very strange, I checked several times with both logic and ableton ... what do you think is the problem? it seems to me that something is still wrong with the firmware, if the problem was in the boards themselves or an error in the assembly, it would not work with version 1.023 too
  • I've been experiencing the same issue with 2 Nava (1.0l and 1.02 boards) and firmware 1.024 + accent boards, drum voices fades out when played in MIDI, but not with the internal seq. There's only the handclap and the lowtom that still play after 10-20 seconds. I tried to replace the chips on the accent boards to no avail. And yeah, same, everything works as it should with v1.023 and CD4051s. I'll try building 2 other accent boards and see if it fixes the issue.
    I posted here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1118&start=30
  • BastienL wrote:I've been experiencing the same issue with 2 Nava (1.0l and 1.02 boards) and firmware 1.024 + accent boards, drum voices fades out when played in MIDI, but not with the internal seq. There's only the handclap and the lowtom that still play after 10-20 seconds. I tried to replace the chips on the accent boards to no avail. And yeah, same, everything works as it should with v1.023 and CD4051s. I'll try building 2 other accent boards and see if it fixes the issue.
    I posted here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1118&start=30
    I've just discovered I'm having this issue also - 1.024 and MUX_SH boards. I've built up new MUX boards and same issue. I've yet to try go back to 1.023 but I expect 1.023 isn't designed to work with the 1.02 mainboard. If I unplug the MUX boards, all voices work fine. I'm running standalone.
  • I've just removed the MUX boards and installed some 4051's instead, then downgraded to 1.023 firmware. I get a lot more functionality from the unit this way but other issues arise; total accent does not work, accent and non-accented trigger levels are not consistent, levels of the sounds are off, etc.

Does anyone here run v1.02 mains with 1.024 firmware and the MUX pcbs successfully? Do you have samples of this setup?
    Last edited by druu on Feb 8th, '18, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
  • I have the same issue with external MIDI triggering on my 1.02 board. The internal sequencer works fine, but an external MIDI sequencer only seems to trigger Toms, Clap and very quiet Hi Hats.
  • secrethero303 wrote:I have the same issue with external MIDI triggering on my 1.02 board. The internal sequencer works fine, but an external MIDI sequencer only seems to trigger Toms, Clap and very quiet Hi Hats.
    Are you running firmware 1.024 with the MUX pcbs?
  • druu wrote:
    secrethero303 wrote:I have the same issue with external MIDI triggering on my 1.02 board. The internal sequencer works fine, but an external MIDI sequencer only seems to trigger Toms, Clap and very quiet Hi Hats.
    Are you running firmware 1.024 with the MUX pcbs?
    Yes, this is running firmware 1.024 with the MUX boards on the 1.02 PCBs.
  • And only external triggering? Hmm, I've yet to try external triggering but internal triggering I have an issue with on a brand new MUX pcb too..