Snare Drum decay too long (v1.02) [SOLVED]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • druu wrote:I think you're mistaken as my hats, crash and ride are affected with my faulty MUX board (IC111). If I move the good MUX board from IC114 to IC111, I have good sounding hats, crash and ride again.
    pistrix wrote:Hihats, Crash & Ride go through IC110, a TL074 (as used on the mux boards as well). But IC110 is fed by pins 1, 12 & 15 of IC111. So problems with IC111 can break the circuit to IC110.
  • I just finished my 1.02 nava up, and I can confirm that the snare decay is too long just as described in this post. Let's get this fixed guys!
  • Teef wrote:I just finished my 1.02 nava up, and I can confirm that the snare decay is too long just as described in this post. Let's get this fixed guys!
    As we do not notified this bug on our Nava v1.02 build it is quite hard for use to fix it.
    What i saw on the KlangGenerator scope screenshot is that ENV2 does not get down to 0V after trigged.
    Maybe adding a pull down resistor between Q46 emitter and Ground would solve the issue.
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • i've completed building 5 sets of Mux boards one which is for my Nava v1.01a. Each set have been tested in my v1.01a and each has various problems related to the crash and ride (except one set) BUT all sets sound the same or similar to klangs snare audio files, I've also noticed my snare has a "hanging" note. I can hear this as soon I turn the unit on.
  • pistrix wrote: dang you guys it's a diy project and the MUX boards were provided for free like 60 days ago tops. i think you might be a bit more patient before you impugn the character of vincent.
    A little OT: true PISTRIX, this is a DIY project, but Vincent is SELLING it, it's not for free. I'm not building a project ripped from who knows where in the web, I paid for a kit and, while I was prepared to troubleshoot problems that I caused (I already did), it seems that there are issues in the design of the board itself and, if it is, this is not acceptable. What's more unacceptable is the silence from the staff. It is much of an hassle to post the mux board schematics? I have to do it myself cause it's more "diy"? I'll do it, no problem, but I don't see why.
  • So I did some probing around and found that oscillator 1 and 2 are not steady as my other nava. My snare sounds more like a tom if I turn the noise down.
    Can anyone check it also if they have wobbely oscilators on output of ic37b and ic38b check with scope or headphone.
    Another thing is the tuning range, also different as my other nava .that is possibly the 10K pot vr6 I measure 8,5K instead of 9,7K on the other nava vco1 tuning range first nava 106-216HZ second nava 124-236HZ VCO2 first nava 177-360HZ second nava 182-348HZ.
    Has anyone also tried to solder the ic's direct to the board ? to see if that makes a difference as Vincent doesn't use sockets on his builds
    Perhaps that is why he don't have this problem?
  • Not sure the space is available to solder direct. Which chips did people use? I keep wondering if a different batch or manufacturer might give different results.
  • italofrans wrote:So I did some probing around and found that oscillator 1 and 2 are not steady as my other nava.
    What do you mean with steady? They float in frequency autonomously?
    italofrans wrote: Has anyone also tried to solder the ic's direct to the board ? to see if that makes a difference as Vincent doesn't use sockets on his builds. Perhaps that is why he don't have this problem?
    I soldered al ICs directly to the board and I have the same problem. I will probe IC 37b and 38b and I'll post here the results.
  • donzo93 wrote:...this is a DIY project, but Vincent is SELLING it, it's not for free. ...
    100%! This kit is DIY assembly. Any issue should only come from just that, IMO.

Is anyone maybe close enough to send theirs to Vincent? Perhaps he can compare it to his 'working' build.

I emailed asking Vincent to address this thread. I encourage others to do the same.