Snare Drum decay too long (v1.02) [SOLVED]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • A forum member sent to us his Nava v1.02 with snare decay issue.
    After some time passed to find where the issue come from we finally manage a solution ;)

If you have a Nava v1.02 built with VCO1 ENV3 decay to long, adding a 1Mohm resistor across C83 solve the problem.

We apologize for the delay to find the solution.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Great, but it is a or the solution ? Is the cause of the issue still not known and we just apply a workaround or...? If I choose the e-lick device over other alternatives, I want a clone both in parts and sounds. With this issue and the mux board, I'm not sure anymore if we still have a clone or not.
  • I've added this mod and it seems to have resolved the issue for me (by ear anyway). I've not checked it on a scope but happy with how it sounds now.
  • gihaume wrote:Great, but it is a or the solution ? Is the cause of the issue still not known and we just apply a workaround or...? If I choose the e-lick device over other alternatives, I want a clone both in parts and sounds. With this issue and the mux board, I'm not sure anymore if we still have a clone or not.
    I understand your point but even if the 1.02 board had no problems whatsoever you wouldn't have a perfect clone because the sequencer part is not exactly the same as the original I think. To me as long as it sounds right it's fine. Still, it would be cool to understand why a lot of boards have this problem.
  • I have a 1.0l and also have the issue.
    Last edited by gihaume on Apr 8th, '19, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
  • gihaume wrote:I have a 1.01 and also have the issue.
    +1. Tried swapping c83 with the 1Mohm resistor across. It got slightly better, but there's still a lot of "tone" on the SD
  • Yeah... that only affects one of the osc I think... so it remains the second one also being a bit long...?
  • Try copying the 1M-Ohm mod to Env2. It sounded good for me after doing this.
  • Ohhh, that's worth a try. Thanks for the tip fellas