MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    undercover_l wrote:Where can i find wich value's go where on the mux board? i have 100nF and 470pF value's in SMD components
    Check the boards closely. It is noted on them. ;)
    thanks! and same for the IC's? only one tells me w15096AXZ22
  • undercover_l wrote:
    KlangGenerator wrote:
    undercover_l wrote:Where can i find wich value's go where on the mux board? i have 100nF and 470pF value's in SMD components
    Check the boards closely. It is noted on them. ;)
    thanks! and same for the IC's? only one tells me w15096AXZ22
    The ICs can't be mixed up, as they have different amounts of legs. Just make sure to place them in the correct direction:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1549
  • HI everyone,

is anyone could help me to confirm that the orientation of the ic on my board is correct , coz i am not really sure about the line 45° meaning in the guide

any help will be welcome

link to the image :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikv3beq2z14d1 ... 7.JPG?dl=0
  • clawz sg wrote:HI everyone,

is anyone could help me to confirm that the orientation of the ic on my board is correct , coz i am not really sure about the line 45° meaning in the guide

any help will be welcome

link to the image :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikv3beq2z14d1 ... 7.JPG?dl=0
    Its correct (all though the pin headers looks really blobby/cold)
  • Hello how long without coming here, I have a question, I need to know how to feed the 4051 pin 16. Thank you . regards
    e-licktronic wrote:Dear Diyer,

Here is a tutorial on how to mod your Nava with Mux_SH boards.

1/You must unsolder IC111 and IC114

If you don't have a good desolder iron you can cut each pin then unsolder pins one by one

2/You must unsolder C517, C518, C519, C89 (BD), C163 (SD), C164 (LT), C165 (MT), C166 (HT), C167 (RS), C168 (HC)

3/Solder J15 connector

4/Solder IC111 and IC114 Pins Headers

5/Solder CMS components on both Mux_SH boards. Take care of IC orientation, the 45°line have to match red line

6/Cut three piece of jumper wire female/female in the middle

7/Solder wires on the Mux_SH board. Take care to to put the same wire color on the pin +, GND and -

8/Solder Pin headers on the MUX_SH boards

9/Connect both MUX_SH board to the Main board. Take care IC111 and IC114 are in the opposite way.
    And connect Jumper wires to J15

10/Now update the Nava firmware v1.024 (or higher) by holding steps button 1, 3 and 5 when power up the unit

Old accent value are still saved in your old pattern, to get it working properly you must write new pattern ;)
    Enjoy
  • does v1.02 need this mux addition mod? i just started soldering the sequencer portion of the kit & would like to know if i have to add this mod on v1.02.
  • kittyspit wrote:does v1.02 need this mux addition mod? i just started soldering the sequencer portion of the kit & would like to know if i have to add this mod on v1.02.
    Yes, you need the extra boards for all firmware versions from v1.024 upwards to work properly.
  • The TL074s on my MUX_SH boards get extremely hot, but the accent behavior seems to work correctly. Not sure what's going on there.
  • on v1.02, do i need to remove the caps Specified from each section? cause im not seeing them