Finished Build - Init EEprom mode & TM2 adjustment [Solved]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Some ideas would be greatly appreciated. :) :) :)
  • hofmann25 wrote:Some ideas would be greatly appreciated. :) :) :)
    What about all the LEDs (step and select switches)? Are they lit? Are the pattern play button and the start button flashing?
  • Hi,

That screen shot looks like it not displaying the scale info.

What lights do you get lit from an initial power on (pressing no buttons)

You should see initially the firmware version flash up on the screen and then the <Start> (flashing), <Stop/cont> (solid lit). <Play> under pattern (flashing), <Scale> button (solid of the 4 vertical ones) and for the display you had <C1 key> (flashing).

If your not getting any of this I would suggest you try flashing the firmware it might be corrupt. refer to the manual on doing this

Steve

Repaired.

Stand by.....

• Thats fixed.

Init EEprom mode & TM2 adjustment done.

But.... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1262#p8025
  • Glad you got it fixed
  • Cheers man. Those tracers and via's...............
  • Hi!
    I'm posting here as the problem I have seems quite similar...
    I cannot adjust TP1 as TM2 doesn't change the voltage between TM1 and Ground (it is around -0.2v... Very weird)
    I do have a working screen displaying info (like "adjust TM2).
    I've checked every IC orientation and they are all correct.
    I've checked +5V on every IC in the sequencer section, and all the square marked pins have +5V, so we're good regarding power I guess.
    If I try to init EEPROM, it seems to work (including the info on the display), but after init, I have <Start> (flashing), <Stop/cont> (solid lit) and the first <Scale> LED (solid lit), but <Play> (under pattern) isn't flasing, as well as <C1>... And of course, no sound, just an unpleasant buzz sound, getting stronger after 2 secs when the Nava is powered on.
    I've looked for parts that could be heating, but every part on the Nava seems to be at a cool and safe temperature...

Maybe it has something to do with this traces and vias issue you mentioned, hofmann25?...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers

[EDIT] I've checked every connection around IC110A (which has +15V and -15V as it should on pins 4 and 11), and everything is good : to TM2, to TP1, to R695, R696 and R697 (and then to ICs111 and 114 pins 3), to IC118... So the mystery remains!

[EDIT2] And now something really weird : all switches light up when pressed except step switches, pattern switches and beyond (including the <Enter> switch)... But if I get my finger close from IC106 (74HC595) on the switches and pots side of the board, BUT without touching the pins, all those LEDs light up ! I've switched the 74HC595 with another one on the board, but the issue remains the same... Very strange !
  • I had something similar, ended up being bad contact on the pins of the Atmega. Try giving it a wriggle while on, see if it has any effect.