wrong master pot in nava kit

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Vincent could you let us know what to do with the 7 pin master volume pot when there are 6 holes on the PCB? I didn't see an answer to that. Thanks.

Also - if you could, it would be a huge help to us if you went through the build guide and clarified what board 1.0L is? Is that 1.01? 1.00? Or a different type of designation? Example from the master section:

"IMPORTANT for the mainboard v1.0l owner: Do not sold D195 and R471. Refer to this topic"

I have 1.01a and not sure if that applies to me.

Thank you!
  • KlangGenerator: thanks for the German web shop link!

sunbaked: see viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1151#p7118 . The 7-pin pot cannot be used for the Nava. You need to get a 6-pin replacement. What to do with the 7-pin pot: Use it on another project? Throw it away? :)

My impression is that 1.0L is the first board that was sold. I also think it is confusing. Haven't checked the master section yet but in other places, the 1.0L-issues have been fixed on the 1.01a board.
  • I finished both Navas with the new board recently and I can say there definately is an improvement soundwise. The master section is very clean now. No need to mess around with the caps anymore for me. The BD is also dead silent. There still is little noise coming through from the snare, but I can live with that. I also feel that it is reduced compared to the old PCB. So all in all a good progress made by Vincent!
    However one thing still needs to be improved, but I feel it's more of a software thing: the HH in conjuction with the sequencer produces audible clicks in 16th increments. It definately is the HH, because the clicks disappear when the volume of the HH is turned down. When I place a OHH behind the HH then the clicks are gone as well. If there are solely HH in a sequence, then you get those clicks. But they are not very loud and still make the HH usable for me.
  • Thanks KlangGenerator, it is nice to hear from someone who knows the 'before' and 'after'. I am still building my v1.01a Nava and I never heard the old version.

When you say no more messing with caps: do you mean the mod of putting 10uF caps on C153/C154 is no longer needed? viewtopic.php?f=24&t=850&hilit=master+m ... t=50#p6465

Did you build the master entirely as specified in the guide? Including the start-up-sound suppression transistors?
  • Thanks jvq for the info. I assume we are just supposed to order that pot on our own? I already placed the mouser order before they updated the BOM so do they expect me to place another for just this pot replacement? 4.99$ shipping for a 2$ part. yikes what a waste. :!:

I sent a contact form to them to see when we can expect replacements, as I already paid them for the correct part, so we'll see. Obviously, multiple kits went out with wrong part, which indicates their QC could probably use some tweaking.
  • jvq wrote:Thanks KlangGenerator, it is nice to hear from someone who knows the 'before' and 'after'. I am still building my v1.01a Nava and I never heard the old version.

When you say no more messing with caps: do you mean the mod of putting 10uF caps on C153/C154 is no longer needed? viewtopic.php?f=24&t=850&hilit=master+m ... t=50#p6465

Did you build the master entirely as specified in the guide? Including the start-up-sound suppression transistors?
    Yes, entirely as specified. ;)
  • I can also confirm that i have received the wrong 7-pin pot in my 1.01 kit (pcb says 1.01a)
  • Dear Diyer,

We received the right 6 pin Master potentiometers 4 days ago.
    For those who need one, email Vincent with subject "Master potentiometer" and join your complete shipping address, order Number to your email we will ship the right potentiometer for free.

We apologize for this mistake.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi
    I think my kit might have been sent this morning, do you know if I have the correct pot?

Name is demos joannou

Thanks