[SOLVED] Clap fucking, clap VCA burning!

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • If you have the northern pin of R201 connected to the ground this is not good. If it is not the problem is elsewhere.
  • R201 should definitely connect to GND
    it's Pin3 of BA6110 (Bias Current) that should not connect to GND but to V- (yellow circle)

• Yes, excuse me, i answered too quickly and made a mistake
  • New BA6110's have arrived yesterday - my HC is now finally working ;)

first tested with disconnected pin 3 then with pin 3 connected to -15V (at Pin5 of BA6110) - both is working, no smoke!
    (I also made a short test with Pin3 connected to GND - about 30sec. - BA6110 did not burn, but got considerably hot compared to the other options :twisted: )

Does the later (-15V at Pin3) improve sound/reduce input distortion? can't say... probably not considering that the BA6110 is NOISE IN > NOISE OUT :lol:
    Last edited by Galaxy3000 on Jan 23rd, '17, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
  • Thanks, Galaxy3000!
    I was curious to test the ba6110 pin3 connected to -VCC one day, but thanks to you now i know that i was thinking in the right direction... And about "NOISE IN > NOISE OUT"..at first, i didn't get it instantly, before looking at schematics again, but then i... LOL. ("we heard you like noise, so we add a noise to your noise...., so you can hear the noise while you hear noise") So, theoretically the -VCC connection should reduce the induced output noise level from ba6110 while transferring the input noise signal (lol again!), but practically it is so negligible that it can't be really noticed by the human ear in result.
  • :D :D :D
    so 2 options for that noise... dry or noisturized!
  • I have the same issue. Just noise and reverb.

I tried bending out pin 3 of the BA6110. No luck.
    So I tried another BA6110 I had. Bent out pin 3 also. Still just noise and reverb.

Could it be I have 2x bad BA6110's? Any ideas? :cry:

Also: Anyone have a reliable supply of BA6110's?
  • hofmann25 wrote:I have the same issue. Just noise and reverb.

I tried bending out pin 3 of the BA6110. No luck.
    So I tried another BA6110 I had. Bent out pin 3 also. Still just noise and reverb.

Could it be I have 2x bad BA6110's? Any ideas? :cry:

Also: Anyone have a reliable supply of BA6110's?
    I also had reverb only and some noise. Swapped everything without success. The BA leg trick didn't fix it either. In my case it was a broken trace, so definately keep this in mind as well...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1099
  • Wouldn't surprise me. So many broken traces and via's with these...

I haven't got to checking continuity between all my components yet. :roll: