[SOLVED] Clap fucking, clap VCA burning!

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I'm having the same issue with ic30, the BA6110, burning on the v1.02.

I've started desoldering it and have ordered another. Is it safe to say floating 3rd pin should solve this? Or was that issue meant to have been solved in v1.02?
  • To my personal surprise the BA6110 in my 1.02 build didn't burn when i placed it and has been working happily ever since. YMMV though..
  • I'm about to start working on the Hand Clap section as well. The schematics show that IC30 BA6110 Pin3 should be disconnected but when testing the Nava v1.02 boards that I have, Pin3 is connected to ground.

With that said, after reading everyone else's experiences, the two safer options appear to be:
    1) Disconnect BA6110 Pin3
    2) Connect BA6110 Pin3 to the BA6110 Pin5 @ -15V
    Galaxy3000 wrote:New BA6110's have arrived yesterday - my HC is now finally working ;)

first tested with disconnected pin 3 then with pin 3 connected to -15V (at Pin5 of BA6110) - both is working, no smoke!
    (I also made a short test with Pin3 connected to GND - about 30sec. - BA6110 did not burn, but got considerably hot compared to the other options :twisted: )

Does the later (-15V at Pin3) improve sound/reduce input distortion? can't say... probably not considering that the BA6110 is NOISE IN > NOISE OUT :lol:
    I'm not certain why this is not mentioned in the build instructions given how many people appear to have encountered this problem. It would be wonderful if e-licktronic could help to provide official instructions to the community