[SOLVED] Clap fucking, clap VCA burning!

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • hofmann25 wrote:broken fucking trace!

Between C58 and Q37/IC28A.

It was very hard to see. Basically I did continuity tests all round the BA6110 and then out.

Didn't take too long.

God dam traces! :mrgreen:

So were you able to fix? Was about to order the NAVA PCB set until I started reading about all these BA6110 issues.
  • backdoorranky wrote:
    hofmann25 wrote:broken fucking trace!

Between C58 and Q37/IC28A.

It was very hard to see. Basically I did continuity tests all round the BA6110 and then out.

Didn't take too long.

God dam traces! :mrgreen:

So were you able to fix? Was about to order the NAVA PCB set until I started reading about all these BA6110 issues.
    Fixing broken traces is easy but finding them can be a bit tedious. But I would always check for poor/ cold solder joints first. I only had one Nava with broken traces (v1.0 PCB) but all five I built had issues that I could fix by simply reheating a few poor solder joints.
  • All my problems have been broken traces. No componants or cold solder joints. So far...
  • Can I confirm if this is indeed a defect on the new board ?
    Or is it safe to just fit the chip without bending a leg out?

Have left the clap till last based on this thread, but I'm now ready to test and don't want to try the chip if it is indeed a confirmed fault.

Can't really see a definitive answer and would be nice to have some confirmation either way before testing.

Thanks
  • We'll need a definitive answer from Vincent. Otherwise it's just speculating.
  • just for statistics, I build mine the "normal" way no tweaks with the BA610xx and it is working correctly, nothing getting warm, at least i didnt check but after 1 hour playing it is still working fine, but I did not check for any errors since it worked perfectly, maybe it will occure later, maybe never :)
  • Hello,

I have a clap that is too quiet. I can hear the noise nice and loud before the input resistor and then it gets quiet.
    The clap sound at the output is almost non existent - very hard to hear.
    I've been doing my continuity testing and my pins 3 and 7 are also connected to ground, should I sever pin 3 on my BA6110?

Thanks
  • Wondering if my problem have any relation to this. I'm building 2 Navas and testing each instrument before moving to the next one... Handclap works great on the first Nava although on the other unit only have loud noise even without triggering it.

Already triple checked if there's any part in the wrong place, checked +15V -15V 5V, replaced IC26 and IC28...all looks OK but still no luck.

I've noticed IC26 gets just a little warm but definitely not burning hot.

Should i try to replace AN6912 and BA6110.. i only have those from the other unit and don't want to burn them! :cry:

*EDIT* replaced AN6912 and BA6110 with those from the working HC and no change. So it must be something else. Any idea on what i should be looking? Maybe SA798? Q35,Q37,Q36?

*EDIT2* Solved.
  • I seem to have this problem as well!

very distant clap and only reverb sound. i have a nava 1.02. could it still be a bad trace? any help would be appreciated

it's like i'm not getting the right envelope