bad via's!

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • They're not immediately visible but they're on the Nava product page => Download tab => top/bottom layout.

Nava 1.01 top layout/traces
    Nava 1.01 bottom layout/traces

And congratulations. :)
  • d-wreck wrote:They're not immediately visible but they're on the Nava product page => Download tab => top/bottom layout.

Nava 1.01 top layout/traces
    Nava 1.01 bottom layout/traces

And congratulations. :)
    Thanks d-wreck! But those aren't Eagle files, they're .PDF -- still helpful, but not nearly as usable as Eagle files..
  • pistrix wrote:the other one was a bad via in the hihat (causing hh, crash & ride to be silent or 'clicks'), in the path between the 4011 and the 5218. the only way i discovered it was by visually following the traces and continuity checking not only between the parts, but between the via's as well. this would be much easier with a .BRD file, as was provided for the Yocto. have eagle files been posted for the Nava?

in any case, the via's are really tiny, so in retrospect i'm not surprised i ran into a couple problematic ones...

hope this helps somebody else
    While repairing a Nava from a user of this forum I also discovered a bad via in the HH circuit resulting in a very silent HH :!: The dead via was between 5v pin of IC72 and R489. A bridge fixed the HH!

Last edited by KlangGenerator on Feb 14th, '17, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
  • And the Clap as well!!! :o :o :o Very carefully resoldering didn't help to bring this short connection to life, so definately a bad via. But I have to say that this is one of the old boards. Didn't experience this with the new ones. But you should definately keep this in mind in case all other attempts failed....