Looking for part for the tackle switch/switch cap

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I just ordered spare switches from Vincent. He asks around 2 Euro per piece excluding shipping. I assume these will come together with the caps. Nevertheless I will get some really good switches with similar caps directly from a manufacturer in Taiwan for the next built. They last around 1.000.000 cycles (!!!) and are of very good quality compared to the switches coming with the kit. On my two NAVAs I had to replace 6 of them because they weren't working properly (also stuck after pushing). I searched days for replacement switches/ caps with better quality. At last I could only find the manufacturer in Taiwan. So either you wait until I get these switches and try them out (I ordered 100 of them!) or you buy some from Vincent.

I also upgraded the black cherry switches in the kit with original ones from Mouser after one of them was regularly stuck. The "fake" ones in the kit have light friction when pushed, the original ones are tender as silk and last 50.000.000 cycles!
  • I might take a set of those square switches off your hands if you're selling the extras.
    Also what was the part number for the mouser cherry switches?
    My Nava is seeing a lot of use so now I'm starting to think about a spares kit...
  • I wouldn't mind taking some of those higher wuality switches. I tried messaging vincent through te Contact Us feature on the main site last week but no response yet. I would be happy to pay $2 ea. Either way. Still, would be nice to find a source for them in the USA as shipping to me from EU alone will cost more than the reasonable price of the switches.
  • Here is the link for the cherry switches:

http://www.mouser.de/Search/ProductDeta ... -MX1A-11NN

Since the tact switches come from Taiwan it might take a while till I have them here and can try them out. Shipping to the US won't be that much. A set of 17 switches should be around 5 Euro (uninsured and without tracking though).

@GryphonP3

When the switches I ordered from Vincent arrive here and have the caps included, I could send you two of them for around $10 including shipping to the US. Let me know if you're interested...
  • Hello, did anybody have any luck with the Tact switches? I could do with a set a spares should the ones in the kit fail at some point.
  • Dear,

Tactile switch with cap is now available in the shop
    http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/nava-par ... 6x6mm.html

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I wonder if this is a suitable switch.

http://nl.mouser.com/search/ProductDeta ... SMIJ61AR04

TE connectivity FSMIJ61AR04. If you follow the Mouser link to the data sheet you see there are a number of options (actuation force, LED intensity, color). This one is low intensity, red, with 100g actuation force. These are rated to 500,000 cycles. Wonder if this is the component KlangGenerator was talking about earlier.

I am going to order some to try out.
  • jvq wrote:I wonder if this is a suitable switch.

http://nl.mouser.com/search/ProductDeta ... SMIJ61AR04

TE connectivity FSMIJ61AR04. If you follow the Mouser link to the data sheet you see there are a number of options (actuation force, LED intensity, color). This one is low intensity, red, with 100g actuation force. These are rated to 500,000 cycles. Wonder if this is the component KlangGenerator was talking about earlier.

I am going to order some to try out.
    Hope you didn't order them yet. They fit in the pad and they work good, but unfortunately the clear caps that come with the kit are too big and fall off. I already tried out these switches and had to send them back.

The switches I was referring to came from Taiwan. But I later found out that they have the wrong dimensions and wouldn't fit into the pad. So until now there are no adequate replacements... :(
  • Thanks! I hadn't ordered them yet. That saves me some time and money. :)