[SOLVED] Clap doesn´t work

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I look tomorrow for the noise. :mrgreen:

Maybe it will helps. But i think it is not the problem, why the BA6110 is heating.
  • probably separate issues.

Sort out the short first, then deal with the noise
  • Synaptech also fried his BA6110 it seems viewtopic.php?f=24&t=942&start=10#p6005
  • Not sure if he had a bad one or he actually fried it. I've seen a bunch of bad ones building x0xb0xes. They are old parts and who knows how they were stored. If its getting hot, it shorting, no doubt about that. I've never seen a failure like that with real parts.

Where did the replacements come from? A fake part would cause that
  • ok @altitude, my noise doesn´t work realy. but yes, i was thinking, the signal is verry low - but ok, i wasn´t sure.
    now the ic33 is with one of the 14006 this low noise you see, and if i change the 2 ic´s, the other on ic33 have on pin9 15v.

now i wait for new, and look for other bugs :P

thank you!
  • Done!
    Thank you! This part is also fixed now. It was only a bug in the noise part what was killing my BA6110.
  • Had to replace fried BA6110 on one of the Nava's I'm building as well to get clap working -- think it was due to legs of C61 contacting against D53 on the component side of the board, tight fit right there..
  • A bit of a topic hijack, but Croodey, could you please tell me how you fixed your noise part problem?

I only have a very small noise signal on pin 9 of IC33, and on this pin I also measure a +15VDC offset.. Pin 8 is also +15VDC, but this is the IC Vcc supply so this is correct. No components are getting hot fortunately, and the power supply +5V +15V -15V is okay as well..

Could it be a faulty 4006 IC?
  • Bob1991 wrote:A bit of a topic hijack, but Croodey, could you please tell me how you fixed your noise part problem?

I only have a very small noise signal on pin 9 of IC33, and on this pin I also measure a +15VDC offset.. Pin 8 is also +15VDC, but this is the IC Vcc supply so this is correct. No components are getting hot fortunately, and the power supply +5V +15V -15V is okay as well..

Could it be a faulty 4006 IC?
    I'm not Croodey, but yes - a faulty 4006 can definately be the reason...