Is still someting going on here? Any dev-activity?

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • there was sommer break, there was a big announcement on the main page, and its 2 days later now...
  • Yeah, sorry... you're right. I missed the main page because I jump directly in the forums... let's see what happens next :-) Some of the questions have been posed months ago and never received answers... I'm not complaining as such, I simply would like to know if there's still activity around Yoct Firm- and Hardware...

BR,
    Flavio.
  • The software is open source, so... there's bound to be updates at some point in the future.
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:The software is open source, so... there's bound to be updates at some point in the future.
    OK cool - is anybody somehow "in charge" of the requested fixes and new features?
    F.
  • I'm eager for some more firmware activity as well. I am dying for Midi Out note sending, so there is a way to save/backup your Yocto patterns. Midi-synced roll would be great too.

I have a chip programmer that I've had some good results with and would love to tinker with the firmware. I don't think I could accomplish a finished firmware but at least maybe we can start spurring development a bit more by starting to poke around more..

The Ladyada site has a bit of helpful links for writing firmware for the Atmega AVR chip that the standard x0x uses here: http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/manual/dev/ The Yocto also uses an Atmega AVR chip, so I was going to start there...Any other helpful links or tips appreciated
  • Hi pistrix - nice to read from another forum member (and Yocto user, of course!) regarding firmware development.
    As it is open source, we just need somebody starting with the needed/requested changes - who is it who's gonna start?
    I'd be more than glad to help with testing "beta" firmwares on my Yocto!
    F.
  • as the yocto is written in arduino, we'd need someone who's pretty good with the arduino programming language

... or alternatively, someone to rewrite the fw from scratch in plain code
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • i've never messed with arduino or the arduino IDE, but i'd like to...i've done some programming in my time and i'd like to at least poke around and see if i can learn anything or make any headway.

so what would be needed to start to poke around on the firmware? uncompiled hex files of the OS, an extra atmega1284p and a chip programmer, and an arduino uno (or better)?
  • Hi pistrix!
    Nice to hear that you'd like to start working with Yocto's firmware! I can fully support you in beta testing, if needed - and also with feature requests :-)

I hope the firmware gets refreshed soon!

Thanks,
    F