Din Sync Slave - Does not see Reset

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • i just looked at the recording
    the issue is related to the sequencer triggering the synth
    the SBX-1 isn't the problem, i just tested with my yocto, slaved to dinsync and also midisync from my x0xb0x

the sequencer triggers the synth in 3 different ways in these three scenarios :shock:
    i knew from before that both slave modes were lousy in the sense that the yocto fails to count the sync clocks correctly and runs behind the master, so i mostly run the yocto as the master and hadn't noticed this before
    schweet geezus!

basically, forget about slave modes with this firmware
  • Thanks for your reply - what about MIDI slave sync? I prefer DinSync for it being more tight, but had no issues when MIDI slaved... What's your experience?
    F.
  • the answer is right there in the audio clip i posted
    midisync slave mode is completely f&@%ed up
  • antto wrote:the answer is right there in the audio clip i posted
    midisync slave mode is completely f&@%ed up
    Sorry, I was on my smartphone and it didn't show the comments... Now on my Mac I read them...
    OK, well: I've to admit that my Yocto sounds correct when MIDI slaved. What firmware are you running?

F.
  • I am having this issue as well using the sync gen 2 as master through computer. Is there a fix in site for this or......?
  • I confirm the issue as well using a doepfer msy2.

We need a fix !
  • We not only need a fix for this, we need a complete bug fixing process!!!
    Why is Vincent not taking care of it?
    F.
  • Well, as the Yocto v1 is basically and end of life product, I wouldn't hope on any "official" fix..
    But recently there's been quite some 3rd party developments in the firmware, you can help by testing and showing your support:

https://github.com/HomoElectromagneticu ... 8/releases
    Topic: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1523

Meanwhile, just use midi sync instead of dinsync?
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Thanks...

If Yocto V1 is "end of life" it wouldn't be asking too much, if there'd be a statement from Vincent about this.

But if we apply the same "rule", Nava firmware is also "end of life": nobody is fixing bugs there, AFAIK...

F.