MIDI Slave + Din Sync Out

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Yes, see this topic please:
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=571
  • ikke wrote:Yes, see this topic please:
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=571
    Hi Ikke

The post you have linked is not related to the issue I mention.

Your linked issue relates to: Yocto sounding different when in MIDI Slave mode (btw, this is now fixed in 1.0c)
    Issue in this thread: Yocto not sending a good Din Sync when in MIDI Slave mode

I can also confirm that this Din Sync issue still exists in today's OS release (1.0c)

Thanks all,

Paul
  • ikke wrote:Issue in this thread: Yocto not sending a good Din Sync when in MIDI Slave mode

I can also confirm that this Din Sync issue still exists in today's OS release (1.0c)
    Dear ikke,

We tried to sync a TR606 with the Yocto in Midi slave mode and it worked well.
    We will improve the Sync signal in the code to match with other Din sync Rythm box like CR8000 we didn't try.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi Ikke

The post you have linked is not related to the issue I mention.

Your linked issue relates to: Yocto sounding different when in MIDI Slave mode (btw, this is now fixed in 1.0c)
    Issue in this thread: Yocto not sending a good Din Sync when in MIDI Slave mode

Thanks all,

Paul
    Hey Paul, you're totally right.
    It's not the same issue but when i said "YES" and showed you the link, I was trying to point out that the Yocto still suffers
    several problems in the Firmware and that it would be fixable by proper coding. So in my opinion it's related.
    Dear ikke,

We will improve the Sync signal in the code to match with other Din sync Rythm box like CR8000 we didn't try.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Hello E-licktronic!
    If you can sync a TR-606 with the Yocto without any problems... it' should work with a CR8000 too.
    Paul says that's not the problem here but the problem occurs when the Yocto is slaved with a MIDI input (from ableton in this case)
    and want's the CR8000 synced by Din sync out from the Yocto.
    So every protocol works like expected on it's own but it goes wrong somewhere in the conversion between MIDI and Din sync.
  • Midi to DInsync can be very complex depending on the source of the signal

some DAW's have a REALLY weird order of sending clock messages

Until recently, Logic Pro was terrible at this (but they fixed that bug now, it syncs great)
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Midi to DInsync can be very complex depending on the source of the signal

some DAW's have a REALLY weird order of sending clock messages
    In that case it's not the Yocto's task to compensate other developers shortcoming but i agree with you that it could be the reason why
    the MIDI to DIN sync conversion in the Yocto fails indeed and start acting weird.
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    ikke wrote:Issue in this thread: Yocto not sending a good Din Sync when in MIDI Slave mode

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Hi again

That is strange.. Indeed, "kluber" mentions in here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=175

-Yocto Midi Slave and DinSync Master
    Maybe it's only my Yocto, but I tried to sync a Tr-606 via the Yocto midi syncing and it didn't work. But it worked perfectly when the Yocto is not sync with midi.

I know I keep repeating this but:

Yocto808 as MIDI Slave: WORKS
    Yocto808 standalone, sending DinSync to CR8000: WORKS
    Yocto808 as MIDI Slave, sending DinSync to CR8000: does NOT work

My results seem to match Kluber's 606 results but not e-licktronic's 606 results.

I will try tomorrow night with some other DinSync kit..

Thanks all,

Paul
  • punkdisco wrote: I will try tomorrow night with some other DinSync kit..
    Hi all

I just tested with a tb303 and get the same result as with the CR8000: The Yocto can DinSync clock 100% when the tb303 when the Yocto is clock master but, as soon as the Yocto is Midi clock slave, the tb303 starts to slowly drop off its timing.

This is a bit of a shame as I my natural setup for the Yocto will always be for it to be the DinSync master but when working working with a DAW, I would leave the Yocto controlling all the DinSync gear but have it slave to Midi clock from the DAW.

Hopefully it can get looked at sometime soon?

Many thanks,

Paul