Closed hats in Pt Edit scambles the sequencer to NEW REPLY!

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • The step LEDs should all flash twice when booting while holding step buttons 1, 3, and 5. Then you must start sending new sysex within five seconds. You must send the sysex very slowly (200ms delay after F7), and you will see the step LEDs "count up" if the update is working. After the upgrade is finished, the Yocto will reboot itself.

The behavior you're describing is weird. How old is your Yocto? Did you get a pre-programmed ATMEGA1284 from e-licktronic or did you program one yourself? Can you follow the manual's instructions to check which firmware version you are running?
  • helectromagneticus wrote:The step LEDs should all flash twice when booting while holding step buttons 1, 3, and 5. Then you must start sending new sysex within five seconds. You must send the sysex very slowly (200ms delay after F7), and you will see the step LEDs "count up" if the update is working. After the upgrade is finished, the Yocto will reboot itself.

The behavior you're describing is weird. How old is your Yocto? Did you get a pre-programmed ATMEGA1284 from e-licktronic or did you program one yourself? Can you follow the manual's instructions to check which firmware version you are running?
    Sorry took so long to reply, didn't think anyone would answer so didn't check back again.

I'm turning the unit off by unplugging the power, then holding 1,3,5 and plugging back in, all I'm getting is all 1-16 step buttons continuously lit. Sending firmware does nothing.

Must of been pre-programmed(ATMEGA1284), I bought the whole kit and ordered from the BOM, had a friend who is no longer available build it, I was one of the early adopters. I know nothing about any technical details.

Running V.2.(Two kicks play)

Yeah, if I run my fingers along say 'Rimshots' while making a pattern it can glitch. Kicks, snares etc are alright, but if I turn the dial to CH it turns into a machine gun and goes wonky.

I can only use this as a sound module(Expander mode) - it never used to do this and I never apllied any firmware changes before it happened, so I don't know what to do with it, keep it just as a sound module or get it fixed?(Somehow?!). I'm quite annoyed that the site owner never replied, has he dropped support?

Is this a software issue, the manual doesn't go into much detail.
  • It sounds to me like you have a pretty serious electrical problem with your Yocto. You mentioned that you don't know a lot of the technical details here, so I suggest finding someone who does or is willing to learn them in order to help you with the machine in front of them. It's very hard to debug electrical problems remotely.

However, if you're up to it, I would start debugging by checking the soldering of the "instrument Select" and "Mode" switches closely. A little mistake on these can really screw things up. Look for connections between pins that don't look like they belong, or are dirty. Take a photo and post it here if you get the chance.