Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • I will try with an arduino uno and burn it onto an atmega 1284p-pu.. pray for me, i am a total arduino noob
  • Quoted from the other thread, as it seems more relevant to reply here:
    FlavioB wrote:
    rv0 wrote:any progress with the sync issues? those seem a lot more important to me than shuffle and multi tap ;)
    Hi guys.
    Any progress on the shuffle feature?
    Thanks,
    Flavio.
    Shuffle is very low prio on my list as I don't see the urgent need for it.. The 808 didn't have shuffle and you can easily shuffle the midi clock signal externally if you want shuffle (or just use expander mode).

In the current state of the firmware, I would not recommend anyone to try out adding shuffle. Adding shuffle can easily be done once the clock-tick mechanism in all modes has been adjusted.. This is exactly what I did the past few months, to make preparations for a higher (48 or 96 ppqn) clock in all sync modes.
    Progress was going well, a lot of things (TAP!) work much better now, but I kinda got stuck with the internal CPU trig pulses, couldn't get it right, and anything I tried so far made it worse rather than better. Eventually ran out of time to work on this for now.
    If anyone is sitting on shitload of free time and has nothing to do, my latest code is here: https://github.com/rv0/Yocto_808/tree/trigpulse_rewrite
    Hit me up if you need any explanation
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:Quoted from the other thread, as it seems more relevant to reply here:
    FlavioB wrote:
    rv0 wrote:any progress with the sync issues? those seem a lot more important to me than shuffle and multi tap ;)
    Hi guys.
    Any progress on the shuffle feature?
    Thanks,
    Flavio.
    Shuffle is very low prio on my list as I don't see the urgent need for it.. The 808 didn't have shuffle and you can easily shuffle the midi clock signal externally if you want shuffle (or just use expander mode).
    I was using a Roland SBX-1 to clock the Yocto and simultaneously my TR-606: when I enable the shuffle on the SBX-1 the 606 reacts to it, the Yocto doesn't.
    So you say that this way it should already work?
    Can you or someone else test and report back?

Thanks,
    Flavio.
  • I could be wrong, but seems impossible.. if the external clock is shuffled the yocto will shuffle too

maybe you need to try with another pattern to check (16th hihat pattern)
  • rv0 wrote:I could be wrong, but seems impossible.. if the external clock is shuffled the yocto will shuffle too

maybe you need to try with another pattern to check (16th hihat pattern)
    You were right: it works, tried now with a "fuller" pattern...
    Thanks!
    F.
  • I can confirm that the Yocto will swing when fed dinsync/sync24 with swing.
    You can’t add swing to midi sync though can you? If so I would love to know how!
  • FactoryDefault wrote:I can confirm that the Yocto will swing when fed dinsync/sync24 with swing.
    You can’t add swing to midi sync though can you? If so I would love to know how!
    It's a hack, but you can. Basically Midi Sync and Dinsync are very similar if you ignore that one is digital and other is analogue. How the Yocto handles them internally also adds up to almost the same thing.
    Not sure which boxes can do it for you, I've only experimented with DIY solutions
  • Hello there!!!
    I have several questions:
    -I tried to update my firmware with RV0 1.2C version. I used Midi-OX (with 200ms delay). But I don't know if it did something, I made on my Nava and when I did the update the LED light up with a sequence, on the Yocto the LED still off, is it normal? How I can know if the update was done?
    -I have a trouble with the "Roll", when I used the Yocto in master, there is no problem, the "Roll" have a "good" sound, but when I used it in slave mode with Ableton the "Roll" is bad, it's not synchro (I made the update to solve this trouble without chnage ).
    So if you have a solution for me, it will be very cool ^^.

PS: my Ableton is cracked, I don't try with another DAW or sequencer.
  • rv0 wrote: It's a hack, but you can. Basically Midi Sync and Dinsync are very similar if you ignore that one is digital and other is analogue. How the Yocto handles them internally also adds up to almost the same thing.
    Not sure which boxes can do it for you, I've only experimented with DIY solutions
    Interesting. Looks like the future-retro swinx can do it.