Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • thanks for doing this! working rolls when midi-synced would be fabulous. extra points if you can get the trigger outputs to roll too!
  • Yeah ! working rolls for triggers when midi-synced would be very very cool!
    thanks a lot for the amazing work!
  • I've made some major headway with roll in MIDI slave mode. Pending some final testing (that FlavioB is kindly helping out with), it looks 100% fixed.

You folks can expect a new sysex next week or so!
  • thanks Helectromagneticus :)
    With this new firmware, midi sync will be tight?
  • Nice work !

What about this firmware for which jvq claimed to gives better timing in expander mode ? If it's any good, would it be possible to include this upgrade to yours ?
  • gihaume wrote:Nice work !

What about this firmware for which jvq claimed to gives better timing in expander mode ? If it's any good, would it be possible to include this upgrade to yours ?
    Interesting. Would love to see a unified effort for ONE working firmware. Eventually jvq and helectromagneticus could join their forces?
    BR, Flavio.

PS: I'm on holiday without my Yocto, so please bear with me until next week for the final test on the new firmware. ;-)
  • gihaume wrote:What about this firmware for which jvq claimed to gives better timing in expander mode ? If it's any good, would it be possible to include this upgrade to yours ?
    FlavioB wrote:
    gihaume wrote:Nice work !

Interesting. Would love to see a unified effort for ONE working firmware. Eventually jvq and helectromagneticus could join their forces?
    I've merged jvq's MIDI expander mode fix back in 1.0e. You can check out the release notes on GitHub.
  • Oh nice, sorry I didn't check the release notes first. Then now trigger 2 & 3 are fixed, I will give your OS a try this week-end.
  • Please find v1.0g on GitHub. This version adds a fix for roll in MIDI slave mode so that the roll is in-time with the sync'd MIDI clock. Special thanks to FlavioB for helping test this latest version!

Please note that this version includes all previous fixes so that the sum of changes is:
    • Fixed multi-button push in pattern edit mode
    • Fixed timing in MIDI expander mode (thanks, Jacob!)
    • Fixed trigger 2
    • Fixed roll in MIDI slave mode
    Next, I think I will add some more roll types to the roll mode. Slower roll speeds and triplets would be nice additions. It also would be nice to have the trigger outputs roll. Thanks everyone for their suggestions and support!