Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • rv0 wrote:
    FlavioB wrote:So nothing happened to the firmware since February - right?
    F.
    indeed, and the current version is very stable and rock solid (use it a lot)
    I can't even get G to load I to the yocto.
  • seems the "Official Yocto BUGS list topic" has a lot of talk, but little bugs :lol:
    would be nice if someone would test with latest release and sumarize/list bugs in that thread..
    hofmann25 wrote: I can't even get G to load I to the yocto.
    thats weird, never had any issues updating in the past, not with version downloaded from github and not with my own versions (compiled with Jacob Vosmaer's excellent scripts: https://gitlab.com/jacobvosmaer/yocto-build )

perhaps retry with isolated setup?
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • I just submitted a Pull Request for the unofficial repo, where I added MIDI SysEx dump and restore functionality.
    Full details:
    https://github.com/HomoElectromagneticu ... 08/pull/12
    First time I did anything like this on Arduino, so please doublecheck my code big time!

In case anyone wants to test already (At your own risk!!!) send me a private message for a link to the firmware build. (EDIT: yocto_firmware_1_0_g_MIDIDUMP.syx)

Last edited by rv0 on Jan 30th, '19, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
  • Amazing !
  • Awesome! Thanks for your contribution rv0!
    Is your code based on 1.0g?
    I'm interested in testing your version anyway - you can send the link to me...
    Thanks,
    Flavio.
  • Well if you liked that, you're gonna love this:

TAP write mode!
    This is an implementation of "Tap Write" mode.

Usage:
    In pattern edit mode, press the "shift" button to enter notes in real time for the currently selected instrument.

Note:
    To make this possible the controls to change the pattern length had to be changed, instead of using shift+"01-16" button or shift+"16-32", you now use those buttons without shift. Which imho works a lot better anyway... So to change the length of the pattern after this change, hold either "01-16" or "16-32" button and select one of the 16 steps.

I've done minimal testing so far (need to sleep now 8-) )
    But in case anyone wants to try, here's a temporary download:
    yocto_firmware_1_0_g_TAPWRITE.syx
    Some tweaking of the quantisation might follow

Also, I uploaded the previous firmware with SysEx Dump/Export (but without TAP!):
    yocto_firmware_1_0_g_MIDIDUMP.syx
    I must repeat though, this is on your own risk, backup your patterns (On paper? :) ) before you try this if they're precious to you, it works fine for me, but bugs are always possible.

Github pull request here:
    https://github.com/HomoElectromagneticu ... 08/pull/13
  • rv0 wrote:Well if you liked that, you're gonna love this:

TAP write mode!
    OMG! I think one of the next evenings/nights will be dedicated to Yocto!!! :-)
    Thanks and sleep well!
    Flavio.
  • rv0 wrote:Well if you liked that, you're gonna love this:

TAP write mode!

Usage:
    In pattern edit mode, press the "shift" button to enter notes in real time for the currently selected instrument.

Note:
    To make this possible the controls to change the pattern length had to be changed, instead of using shift+"01-16" button or shift+"16-32", you now use those buttons without shift. Which imho works a lot better anyway... So to change the length of the pattern after this change, hold either "01-16" or "16-32" button and select one of the 16 steps.

I've done minimal testing so far (need to sleep now 8-) )
    But in case anyone wants to try, here's a temporary download:
    yocto_firmware_1_0_g_TAPWRITE.syx
    Some tweaking of the quantisation might follow

Also, I uploaded the previous firmware with SysEx Dump/Export (but without TAP!):
    yocto_firmware_1_0_g_MIDIDUMP.syx
    I must repeat though, this is on your own risk, backup your patterns (On paper? :) ) before you try this if they're precious to you, it works fine for me, but bugs are always possible.

Github pull request here:
    https://github.com/HomoElectromagneticu ... 08/pull/13
    Great job ! ... i'm gonna test this this weekend ;-)

Thx & Grtzzz,

Danny
  • rv0 wrote: To make this possible the controls to change the pattern length had to be changed, instead of using shift+"01-16" button or shift+"16-32", you now use those buttons without shift. Which imho works a lot better anyway... So to change the length of the pattern after this change, hold either "01-16" or "16-32" button and select one of the 16 steps.
    Brilliant! The old combination was always awkward and I kept forgetting it! I installed this firmware if only for the pattern length "fix". Tap seems to be working great so far, and it does accelerate the workflow too