Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Thanks a lot for fixing these bugs so quickly!!
  • This is great, however I can't seem to update my machine... I'd assume there would be a status of the update with the LEDs showing progress, however none of that works. I've tried C6 and MIDI-OX, all with a buffer of 200 or higher. It doesn't seem to work at all. Any thoughts?
  • Teef wrote:This is great, however I can't seem to update my machine... I'd assume there would be a status of the update with the LEDs showing progress, however none of that works. I've tried C6 and MIDI-OX, all with a buffer of 200 or higher. It doesn't seem to work at all. Any thoughts?
    You must begin sending the MIDI file very quickly after starting up the Yocto while holding buttons 1, 3, and 5. The "update window" is only a few seconds long.

Let us know if you're still having trouble. Good luck!
  • I've tried sending it very quickly as well. I know there is only a 5 second time frame for it to work. I even had my wife click the button to send the sysex right after the 2nd flash of lights, still nothing. I never installed the header for programming the chip but I might solder one in and have a go with AVRdude if we can't think of any more ideas. My NAVA updates just fine...
  • It may be something else, but I and at least one other board member had firmware update problems due to faulty ATMEGA OS chips -- could not update the firmware even using the ICSP header, bootloader part of the code failed testing, could not reset lockbits on the chip to reprogram.

got a new atmega1284p and burned the bootloader and firmware to it using an ardunio and everything was fixed...there's instructions elsewhere on the forum..
  • Hi!
    Any news on the firmware?
    I'd like to get the feature of SysEx dump for backing up the patterns...
    Thanks,
    Flavio.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi!
    Any news on the firmware?
    I'd like to get the feature of SysEx dump for backing up the patterns...
    Thanks,
    Flavio.
    +1 :)
  • Thanks for the Firmware, works very nicely.

Would a tap record function be possible to implement using the Shift button?

Cheers
    R
  • Hey folks,

I haven't had much time to work on the Yocto firmware lately, I've been busy with another project.

Pattern backup via Sysex would be awesome! When I get back into the Yocto, I will look into it.

Take care,
    HE