Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • I tried the last combined one yes.

What about making the last unused NC mode an user config mode where each button + led is an option such as MIDI notes output enabled or disabled ?

Otherwise if we think there would only be MIDI Notes output as option to be added in the future we could just have it on the Roll/End buttons in Expander mode.

EDIT: About double triggers from TAP input, shouldn't you just make the next step to be not triggered on the first time when it was just added ?
  • Would it be possible to have the pattern and bank selection to be saved ? I really like to be able to go on where I was when I had shut down the studio.

Did you ever consider Pattern change from MIDI Program Change ?
  • This is a bit off-topic, but an "undocumented" feature of the Yocto is to trigger the global accent when receiving a MIDI note with velocity greater than or equal to 100 in expander mode. This isn't mentioned in the official manual, but it's now on the GitHub manual.

There's some good ideas being mentioned here! The MIDI note out thing could work, but how would the user know which channel the notes are sent to? The Yocto's interface limits what can be done somewhat.
  • In Expander mode the accent is per voice and not common/global.

About the global accent, it could be nice to be able to still trigger it as in fact it can already be assigned to a note.

About the MIDI output channel, it could be the same as the one selected in Expander mode. If a Config mode is prefered, you could hold a button like Mute/Reset or other then press one of the 16 step keys.
  • Sorry to bump in here... but what about individual (per instrument) accent? Is this feasible?
    F.
  • As it works like this in Expander mode, for sure it is possible to do it. Now it may be more difficult regarding UI.
  • gihaume wrote: EDIT: About double triggers from TAP input, shouldn't you just make the next step to be not triggered on the first time when it was just added ?
    right that was what the code was doing, but for some reason that resulted in notes not sounding, so the easy fix was to allow double triggers for now
    gihaume wrote:Would it be possible to have the pattern and bank selection to be saved ? I really like to be able to go on where I was when I had shut down the studio.
    I guess so, there's loads of free memory
    gihaume wrote: Did you ever consider Pattern change from MIDI Program Change ?
    haven't needed such a thing, but sure is possible, combining it with bank select message to allow all 256 patterns to be addressed
    helectromagneticus wrote: There's some good ideas being mentioned here! The MIDI note out thing could work, but how would the user know which channel the notes are sent to? The Yocto's interface limits what can be done somewhat.
    gihaume wrote: About the MIDI output channel, it could be the same as the one selected in Expander mode. If a Config mode is prefered, you could hold a button like Mute/Reset or other then press one of the 16 step keys.
    correct, the easy approach would be to re-use what is set in expander mode as channel, as it is saved in settings already

But:
    gihaume wrote: What about making the last unused NC mode an user config mode where each button + led is an option such as MIDI notes output enabled or disabled ?
    If you talking about the empty space between INIT and CLEAR, I've been thinking about using this for a Midi out settings page. Because what I did with the volca sample was sending out on 4 midi channels, and being able to send _any_ note on _any_ channel would be an awesome feature. The yocto could "midi learn" by listening to external midi data while holding a key. And the mute button could disable midi note output.
    FlavioB wrote:Sorry to bump in here... but what about individual (per instrument) accent? Is this feasible?
    F.
    gihaume wrote:As it works like this in Expander mode, for sure it is possible to do it. Now it may be more difficult regarding UI.
    the accent in expander mode will accent everything
    individual accent is impossible without significant hardware changes, the 808 is not designed like this
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote: individual accent is impossible without significant hardware changes, the 808 is not designed like this
    Thanks rv0 - I somehow already heard about this in the past, thanks for confirming.
    F.
  • Nice outputs !

My Yocto in Expander mode without any hardware change and from day 1 has individual accents depending on the velocity it receives.