Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • So good! Thanks for fixing a half baked machine.
  • "Half-baked" is a bit hard. 5ms of delay to react to MIDI Notes is pretty usual. The Trig outputs were corrected in one of the last official releases but its source code wasn't published so that's why it didn't come directly in the unofficial ones.
  • Maybe a bit hard yeah. Fair enough.
  • I'm experiencing issues with updating the firmware. the machine times out and goes back into play mode before the file is done transmitting. Should there be LED progress indication? I've tried using syesx librarian and C6 both with a delay of 200ms.
    Teef wrote:So good! Thanks for fixing a half baked machine.
    Teef, how did you manage to get your update across?
  • Ignore me. It was a bad midi lead.
  • Wow!
    It's been a while I went to the forum thinking that people migrated to Yocto2 or got rid of the version 1. Looks like Yocto v1 is still going on!

And what do I see! An unofficial firmware! Well done!

Looking forward to actually fix my own Yocto which doesn't boot after a shortcut and finally try this nice "hopefully still in development" firmware!

Anyway THANK YOU Helectromagneticus! 8-)
  • I finally dived into this code, first time I do anything Arduino, so be gentle ;)

I added Midi output for the last 4 "unused" instruments (13 14 15 16) to drive the first 4 channels (1 2 3 4) of my Korg Volca Sample to have some more sounds available during live performance and keep my hands on the Yocto.

https://github.com/rv0/Yocto_808/commit ... 5e09b1008f

No merge request as it is quite specific for Korg Volca Sample and it could be made a lot better with things like:
    • add midi channel selection
    • add midi note selection
    • add velocity selection
    • add accents
    I might add those things late rather than soon, I wanna make some music now :D
    But I hope this might inspire anyone else considering diving into Yocto V1 development :idea:
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:I finally dived into this code, first time I do anything Arduino, so be gentle ;)

I added Midi output for the last 4 "unused" instruments (13 14 15 16) to drive the first 4 channels (1 2 3 4) of my Korg Volca Sample to have some more sounds available during live performance and keep my hands on the Yocto.

https://github.com/rv0/Yocto_808/commit ... 5e09b1008f

No merge request as it is quite specific for Korg Volca Sample and it could be made a lot better with things like:
    • add midi channel selection
    • add midi note selection
    • add velocity selection
    • add accents
    I might add those things late rather than soon, I wanna make some music now :D
    But I hope this might inspire anyone else considering diving into Yocto V1 development :idea:
    This is awesome!
  • helectromagneticus wrote: This is awesome!
    I've been working on Pattern Dump/Restore via SysEx too..
    But I'm kinda stuck atm, the data I send is not what I expect it to be, think I'm doing something wrong with Wire.read() or the splitting into 7 bit packages.. Data I receive looks incorrect and it never sends the SysEx end byte.

EDIT: damn, by posting this, I had a quick glance at my code again and think I found the issue.. Gonna test it tonight!
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.