Greetings from the new official firmware developer

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Hi, nice to meet you. :)
    Good thing takes time!
  • Croodey wrote:Hi, nice to meet you. :)
    Good thing takes time!
    Hey Croodey, I'm hoping to get fresh chips today :-)

.p
  • Thanks for your effort!
  • awesome! good luck and hope you are having fun.

I was wondering if the firmware is open source or not. I assume yocto fw has been posted..but as long as I can ask some questions or give suggestions I will be happy anyway.
    Only reason, so far, that I was wondering about this is if I could edit the characters that are called for the nava screen, in case I need to edit something. Was planning on trying an oled.
  • rat wrote:awesome! good luck and hope you are having fun.

I was wondering if the firmware is open source or not. I assume yocto fw has been posted..but as long as I can ask some questions or give suggestions I will be happy anyway.
    Only reason, so far, that I was wondering about this is if I could edit the characters that are called for the nava screen, in case I need to edit something. Was planning on trying an oled.
    Hi rat, I don't have a Nava yet (I'm still wrestling with my Yocto doing weird stuff) so can't comment on if the characters are editable on the LCD. What do you mean by "trying an oled"?

Cheers,
    Pekka.
  • Thank you for doing this Pekka!
  • Check Mate wrote:Thank you for doing this Pekka!
    Don't thank me yet, I've been having huge problems with my Yocto firmware for the past week... :-)

Hope to resolve it soon so I can work on the real issues!
  • Wouldnt it be a better start if you had a complete working one to start with :idea: :?:
  • hofmann25 wrote:Wouldnt it be a better start if you had a complete working one to start with :idea: :?:
    Yes, it was working 100% (well, minus the bugs). Something is awry with we don't yet know what (I've changed the 1284p, EEPROM and one shift register already), I'm trying more stuff today also. I should get another Yocto on Friday for the rest of the year so I can A/B things when I run into trouble.

Sorry for the delays all but I need to make sure I have a sane environment before I actually start development. I'll give you full disclosure once we get things up and running!

Best,
    Pekka.