Greetings from the new official firmware developer

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • may the force be with you!
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Nice Work man ;)
  • Hi,

I just found this thread and wanted to encourage you for your efforts - It is so great to hear that someone is into it!

:D
  • Curious about the current status and if there's anything we can do to help?
  • rv0 wrote:Curious about the current status and if there's anything we can do to help?
    Good timing - been busy with "real work" the past two weeks and was just going to start working with the code. I'll be working on it tonight (Friday) and hopefully I'll have time on Sunday also. I have gone through the codebase a couple of times and had a brainstorming session with a friend about what to start with.

I could do a quick video on how the setup an Arduino and an FTDI if some of you want to be early testers. To be able to flash the firmware you need to have atleast some Arduino board (I use an UNO, some other board might work also).

So if you are willing and able to run beta firmware, just express your interest below so I know I won't be doing the video for nothing :-)

Cheers,
    Pekka.
  • ...and as I was searching for the UNO and the FTDI it dawned on my I FORGOT THEM BACK AT WORK :? :oops: So no testing with hardware today, but I'll try to find the edit-mode issue with multi-push input not working correctly.
  • Not really sure why the arduino is needed for beta testing, the .hex can be converted to .syx right?

I've been involved with the x0xb0x atmega2561 upgrade project since the beginning, so I have a programmer here and I can flash it using AVRDUDE I guess. But then again, this cpu has a bootloader that allows midi updating, right? I always use antto's as_hex2syx program for that (can be found here)
  • as_hex2syx can convert almost any avr *.hex into a file containing sysex packets, HOWEVER, this doesn't mean they will be accepted by the yocto bootloader

it all comes down to how the bootloader expects the data to be sent (which i don't know)
    still, if we figure that out - then as_hex2syx can be easily modified to output .syx files with the right kind of structure for the yocto bootloader
  • rv0 wrote:Not really sure why the arduino is needed for beta testing, the .hex can be converted to .syx right?

I've been involved with the x0xb0x atmega2561 upgrade project since the beginning, so I have a programmer here and I can flash it using AVRDUDE I guess. But then again, this cpu has a bootloader that allows midi updating, right? I always use antto's as_hex2syx program for that (can be found here)
    I'm not actually sure, lemme check with Vincent.

In other news, I grabbed my stuff from work today and continue work with the Yocto tomorrow.