Page 2 of 4

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Jan 27th, '17, 09:10
by rv0
As I'm preparing for a live set using the yocto as a master, I'm stumbling across more bugs, will share them here:

BUG: There's some issue with Copy Paste.
Sometimes when you copy and switch to paste mode, it is impossible to select a pattern.
Best way is to select a pattern first in copy mode and then go to paste mode. That works about 75% of the time, the other 25% it seems to "crash", which usually means it defaults back to bank 1 (e.g. when you were in bank 4) and/or you have to visit pattern play first to make it behave normal again.
Also very annoying with the Copy Paste is that it doesn't seem to follow the "bank" context of Pattern Play, which is confusing as one must remember to switch to the correct bank every time.

EDIT: seems this had to do with a bad mode selector switch or solder joint, as touching the knob causes this behavior.. Hopefully it will hold till after my liveset ;)

POSSIBLE BUG: Not 100% sure as I haven't been able to reproduce it, but when copying a 32 step pattern I noticed some of my accents were missing. Could be human error though, but I mention it nonetheless.
EDIT: had this happen several times again yesterday

FEATURE REQUEST: Roll mode allows to change the rate with the encoder. But it only allows for increased rate, while 1/8ths and maybe even 1/4ths would be cool too.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Feb 3rd, '17, 16:20
by rat
Still hoping there is some support or at least time for the devs to upload latest firmware to github.

This suuuuucks =
- It is possible to switch from pattern play (midi) to pattern edit while playing, but when pressing stop on the external clock source, you have to switch the yocto back to pattern play, otherwise it won't start.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Feb 15th, '17, 22:21
by FlavioB
rv0 wrote:FEATURE REQUEST: Roll mode allows to change the rate with the encoder. But it only allows for increased rate, while 1/8ths and maybe even 1/4ths would be cool too.


I'd just love to have it as on the Quicksilver 606 mod: from 1/4ths up to 1/32nds :-)
F.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Feb 24th, '17, 17:17
by decoder303
what about the roll function, is this fixed already somewhere? Roll doesn't work at all with my Yocto with midi sync play, as master it's working fine..

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Jun 18th, '17, 10:27
by FlavioB
Bump. No news here???
F.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Jun 27th, '17, 11:56
by rat
maybe after v2 is out in the wild..but i doubt it. Maybe we can at least get a proper, latest github update for everything so it will be up to community to change the firmware.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Sep 10th, '17, 12:28
by FlavioB
Hi ppl.
Seems to be a "dead end" here... nobody taking care of bugs, nobody doing some corrections/fixed on the code...
Did Vincent give up?
It's pretty much pissing off to have a Yocto with quite a lot of bugs that nobody is looking into.
I've been attracted by Yocto2 but I will FOR SURE not buy/build one: the experience with the Yocto firmware (and same goes for Nava firmware) has discouraged me. Sad to see all this e-licktronic thing somehow "die away"...

F.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Sep 10th, '17, 21:12
by rv0
Some recent developments:

forum member jvq has been working on rewriting the midi expander mode
Timing has been improved a lot, it's quite amazing.
https://gitlab.com/jacobvosmaer/yocto-firmware (Download => Artifacts => click Download Build)

I did some comparisons with a midi-heavy pattern:
stock firmware: listen
jvq version: listen

That's a giant leap forward in my workflow.

He also started a pure avr-c rewrite: https://gitlab.com/jacobvosmaer/yocto-f ... /midi-avrc (currently only does midi expander mode), perhaps he will take on the rest of the firmware after that.. It's sure nice to see this being pushed forward, open source at its best :)

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Sep 11th, '17, 07:51
by FlavioB
Hi rv0 - thanks for your reply.
So this means that somebody (jvq) has started code re-write? Did he pick up from 1.0c (latest) version?
A friend of mine is now looking into the code as well...

F.

Re: Official Yocto BUGS list

PostPosted: Sep 11th, '17, 09:42
by rv0
FlavioB wrote:So this means that somebody (jvq) has started code re-write?

He "fixed" Midi Expander mode in the current version and the realized he could get even better results by starting from scratch in AVR-C (without the arduino libraries)
So far he hasn't stated any roadmap for future plans, it's limited to expander mode now. but we can only hope :) In any case the code quality is very good imo.

FlavioB wrote:Did he pick up from 1.0c (latest) version?

yes, as can be seen in the commit messages and as can be read in other recent posts in this subform.