Official Yocto BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • - It is possible to switch from pattern play (midi) to pattern edit while playing, but when pressing stop on the external clock source, you have to switch the yocto back to pattern play, otherwise it won't start.
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:- It is possible to switch from pattern play (midi) to pattern edit while playing, but when pressing stop on the external clock source, you have to switch the yocto back to pattern play, otherwise it won't start.
    Thanks, added. There are lots of other weird things with external clock/start/stop also :-)
  • Roll function doesn't work when the Yocto is in Pattern MIDI
  • BastienL wrote:Roll function doesn't work when the Yocto is in Pattern MIDI
    Added, do you mean it's not synced to MIDI clock? I have also noticed this.
  • halides wrote:Added, do you mean it's not synced to MIDI clock? I have also noticed this.
    No, while in MIDI Sync mode, when I enter into roll mode and press a step, there's no roll at all. Mute works fine though.
  • BastienL wrote:
    halides wrote:Added, do you mean it's not synced to MIDI clock? I have also noticed this.
    No, while in MIDI Sync mode, when I enter into roll mode and press a step, there's no roll at all. Mute works fine though.
    Ok, I'll test it thoroughly.

Thanks,
    .p
  • Plausible bugs:
    I tried to use Yocto to trigger two drum eurorack modules, the results as follows:
    1) In Midi mode, the Trig2 (T2) cannot play back any recorded nodes. T1 has no problem.
    2) In Edit mode or Play mode, both T1, T2 work fine, no problem.
  • truman_k@yahoo.com wrote:Plausible bugs:
    I tried to use Yocto to trigger two drum eurorack modules, the results as follows:
    1) In Midi mode, the Trig2 (T2) cannot play back any recorded nodes. T1 has no problem.
    2) In Edit mode or Play mode, both T1, T2 work fine, no problem.
    Yeah, Trig2 does funky stuff with MIDI. I looked at the code but didn't notice anything funny, will start tests soon. Will add a note to list.
  • i'm pretty sure the yocto sequencer (at least in my version, which i haven't updated myself) has sync issues when slaved (be it by midi or dinsync)
    it works fine when it's master, but when i slave it to my x0xb0x via dinsync or midi - it fails to start on the right clock (iirc it runs late)
    FYI: my x0xb0x itself is a decent master clock, slaving a korg ES-1 with it via midi is solid, and also roland dinsync devices have been reported to play well with it via dinsync

another way to test this is, if you have two yoctos - sync them up in master/slave configuration and the "slave" will show the issues i'm talking about

EDIT: some useful info:
    to actually test if the yocto has clock-related issues, slave it to another device, make them both play some percussive sounds with sharp attack
    measure the latency between them or even just hear it, then drop the master tempo down, very very low - does the latency grow?
    then bring the master tempo back up - does the latency get smaller?
    if yes - then the issue is confirmed (assuming you are driving the yocto with a machine with decent sync implementation)