Official Yocto BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Still hoping there is some support or at least time for the devs to upload latest firmware to github.

This suuuuucks =
    - It is possible to switch from pattern play (midi) to pattern edit while playing, but when pressing stop on the external clock source, you have to switch the yocto back to pattern play, otherwise it won't start.
  • rv0 wrote: FEATURE REQUEST: Roll mode allows to change the rate with the encoder. But it only allows for increased rate, while 1/8ths and maybe even 1/4ths would be cool too.
    I'd just love to have it as on the Quicksilver 606 mod: from 1/4ths up to 1/32nds :-)
    F.
  • what about the roll function, is this fixed already somewhere? Roll doesn't work at all with my Yocto with midi sync play, as master it's working fine..
  • Bump. No news here???
    F.
  • maybe after v2 is out in the wild..but i doubt it. Maybe we can at least get a proper, latest github update for everything so it will be up to community to change the firmware.
  • Hi ppl.
    Seems to be a "dead end" here... nobody taking care of bugs, nobody doing some corrections/fixed on the code...
    Did Vincent give up?
    It's pretty much pissing off to have a Yocto with quite a lot of bugs that nobody is looking into.
    I've been attracted by Yocto2 but I will FOR SURE not buy/build one: the experience with the Yocto firmware (and same goes for Nava firmware) has discouraged me. Sad to see all this e-licktronic thing somehow "die away"...

F.
  • Some recent developments:

forum member jvq has been working on rewriting the midi expander mode
    Timing has been improved a lot, it's quite amazing.
    https://gitlab.com/jacobvosmaer/yocto-firmware (Download => Artifacts => click Download Build)

I did some comparisons with a midi-heavy pattern:
    stock firmware: listen
    jvq version: listen

That's a giant leap forward in my workflow.

He also started a pure avr-c rewrite: https://gitlab.com/jacobvosmaer/yocto-f ... /midi-avrc (currently only does midi expander mode), perhaps he will take on the rest of the firmware after that.. It's sure nice to see this being pushed forward, open source at its best :)
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Hi rv0 - thanks for your reply.
    So this means that somebody (jvq) has started code re-write? Did he pick up from 1.0c (latest) version?
    A friend of mine is now looking into the code as well...

F.
  • FlavioB wrote: So this means that somebody (jvq) has started code re-write?
    He "fixed" Midi Expander mode in the current version and the realized he could get even better results by starting from scratch in AVR-C (without the arduino libraries)
    So far he hasn't stated any roadmap for future plans, it's limited to expander mode now. but we can only hope :) In any case the code quality is very good imo.
    FlavioB wrote: Did he pick up from 1.0c (latest) version?
    yes, as can be seen in the commit messages and as can be read in other recent posts in this subform.
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.