Official Yocto BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Hi antto - thanks for your reply.

As I said, I'd be willing to contribute and discuss, but for this to be somehow "productive" we should gather some ppl together. Like at least somebody who understands coding...

Then, I can come with ideas and with bug fixes or feature requests... I remember somebody started a similar thread months ago, asking for suggestions for a firmware re-design. I remember one of those suggestions was to change the modes for the rotary selector switch (I personally HATE the fact that when I'm playing the Yocto and editing patterns, when I stop it and I forget to turn the selector back, it won't start again!!!)...

What do you suggest to do now?
    Of course I'd love to get the bugs fixed, before a new firmware rewrite (simply because I want to USE it)...

F.
  • FlavioB wrote: I remember one of those suggestions was to change the modes for the rotary selector switch (I personally HATE the fact that when I'm playing the Yocto and editing patterns, when I stop it and I forget to turn the selector back, it won't start again!!!)...
    That was here:
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=991&start=20#p6423
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Hi rv0 - thanks. What about that thread? What's the status there? Anything going on?
    F.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi rv0 - thanks. What about that thread? What's the status there? Anything going on?
    F.
    as you can see for yourself, that didn't go anywhere. just posting the link so it doesn't get lost in chatter.
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • That's a pity :-(
  • Any admin, please take care of the "intruder"!
    Your servers might've been compromised as well.
    F.
  • I finally took care to look into an issue I have from long time and is more noticeable with some Cocteau mods set in some ways.

In expander mode (only), the BD sounds has a changed tone/tick (shorter) and pitch (slightly higher) as soon as another instruments is triggered at the same time. The same difference happens whatever if its accented or not and nothing is different if any other instrument triggered at the same time is accented or not.

When I set the mods to come back to the original 808 parameters range, it is not so much noticeable, but still. I think I've heard it from always even in my older Yocto I've sold, but not totally sure... Anyone could check this ?
  • This message to report a bug I had and solved... :-)
    I had this really dirty digital noise on the cymbal, and I ended switching components one after the other as it has no logical reason (I had checked with Vincent before).
    I finally solved my problem by replacing the yellow Nichicon caps I had placed on C42, C44 and C46 with classic rectangular MKT caps.
    This is really weird, I know, but the cap type was the issue here!
    So keep in mind that if you have an unsolvable issue, it might be that the type/brand of a component is the explanation...
    Cheers!
  • Anyone could check for the BD changing in sound when another note is sent at the nearest time in Expander mode ?

Even when sending a note assigned to AC which in fact produces nothing (not sure if it was ever meant to do something) this changes the BD sound.

When sending an unassigned MIDI Note though this doesn't change the sound even if the Yocto's MIDI status LED blinks.