DinSync issues

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Anybody have any clues here? Vincent???
  • does the problem happen with Midi?

the ERM is does some things I don't like, but I forgot what those things were
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:does the problem happen with Midi?
    No.
    the ERM is does some things I don't like, but I forgot what those things were
    If you can remember somewhen, please let us know.

As I was also having glitches in the sync, I changed my setup as follows:
    Ableton Live --> Expert Sleeper's USAMO (with its dedicated plugin) --> Multiclock.
    With this setup I do not experience any glitches in the sync (whereas they happen if I remove the USAMO from the chain and feed Ableton Live directly into Multiclock).
    What I'm going to do, now that I am back on this topic again, is to test what happens with the USAMO/Multiclock chain and DinSync from the latter to the Yocto. I'll report back.
    F.
  • So after one year I'm back at it.
    And I still do have strange things happening.
    I'm using Expert Sleeper's USAMO (fed from its plugin from Ableton Live), which MIDI goes into the E-RM Multiclock.
    From there I send DinSync to the Yocto and I do have the issue that sequencer does not always start from beat 1. It has some sort of "double-start", in that I can hear the BD on step 1 being repeated twice and from the second one it remains in sync (but of course out-of-sync with regards to other sequences on my synths).
    This doesn't happen if the Multiclock is running from its internal clock.

I changed the Yocto to work with MIDI and with this setup beat 1 is almost every time muted (no BD playing), but compared to the DinSync method, the pattern starts correctly and remains in sync with the rest of my synths.
    The same behaviour is experienced, when the Multiclock is running from its internal clock.

How can we track down the root cause of this issue? It is very annoying, even more because other drum machines I have (TR-606 via DinSync, Nava only possible via MIDI) are not behaving strangely like the Yocto does.

Thanks for your help!
    F.