Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update

Re: Unoffical Firmware Available

Postby rv0 » Jun 1st, '20, 12:06

FlavioB wrote:Hi all!
I hope you're all safe and sound!

I just wanted quickly to get some feedback/update on the following:

SysEx dump for all patterns
Roll resolutions (lower than 16th notes and also eventually "moved" them down to the step buttons, instead of the potentiometer)

- Sysex dump has been part of the firmware since Version 1.1a, 1st of March 2019, see manual
- Roll resolutions require a bigger rewrite, which is work in progress in my repo unless someone manages to hack it sooner into the current firmware
Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
Be sure to check the revised manual.
Leave your comments in this thread.
rv0

Postby FlavioB » Jun 2nd, '20, 12:35

rv0 wrote:- Sysex dump has been part of the firmware since Version 1.1a, 1st of March 2019, see manual
- Roll resolutions require a bigger rewrite, which is work in progress in my repo unless someone manages to hack it sooner into the current firmware

Thanks for the update.
If you need some beta-testing on the roll resolutions, just hit me with a PM :-)
F.
FlavioB

Postby rv0 » Aug 14th, '20, 18:21

A little gift:

As my friend wants to sequence his TR-9090 rack from the Yocto, I adapted the current firmware to send MIDI out.
The latest "unofficial firmware" release (Version 1.2c from github) was used for this.

You can download the adapted version here: yocto_firmwareware_1_2_c_TR9090.syx
Midi out used standard midi drum mapping on channel 10. Except the last 4 (T1..3, NC), these are mapped to respectively channels 1234 for Volca Sample.
Roll is supported as well.

As for my other work involving the Yocto firmware: no news yet, been on hold for quite a while now.
Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
Be sure to check the revised manual.
Leave your comments in this thread.
rv0

Postby mradg » Aug 23rd, '20, 17:44

Hi all,
I've recently discovered the unofficial software thread, and I'm eager to use the extra features such as tap write etc..
My Yocto is still running the software that was already loaded onto the chip when I built the kit up in 2016.
Unfortunately, I've had no success updating my Yocto via sysex. I've tried different interfaces, MAC, PC, Different sysex programs, many different settings but the Yocto will not simply not receive the update. The unit clocks OK via midi so I think the opto isolator etc is OK.
So is there anybody out there that can program an ATmega1284P with the latest unofficial software and offer it for sale to me?
regards
A
mradg

Previous

Return to Yocto v1.0 Software